Riesentöter Forums
This guy gives your club a bad name - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Riesentöter PCA Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: This guy gives your club a bad name (/showthread.php?tid=1984)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- jmr3 - 11-12-2009

What gives you the right to demand a reply? 

What do you think it will achieve? 

Lets assume that the reply was, "the OP was right about everything".  Then what? 

In the alternative, what if the reply was, "it is all BS"?  Again, then what?

The Club cannot sanction a Member for driving poorly on the street no matter what that Member's license plate says.

- Budman - 11-12-2009

And how was the original complainer harmed or delayed again??? Give me a break. What happened to the "drive like you stole it" metaphor??? Typically those that get their panties in a bunch over this type of stuff are just jealous, plain and simple. And the driver owns no one an explanation.

I would also suggest the complainer be deleted as a site user and more stringent qualifications added to prevent this type of baloney in the future, entertaining as it is.

- ccm911 - 11-12-2009

Budman wrote:
Quote:And how was the original complainer harmed or delayed again??? Give me a break. What happened to the "drive like you stole it" metaphor??? Typically those that get their panties in a bunch over this type of stuff are just jealous, plain and simple. And the driver owns no one an explanation.
Budman has just become my favorite poster of the day. He is truly an enlightened car guy. Since he s from my area, I most definitely hope to see him drive one day. He is so right. These cars are made to be thrashed!

- larrybard - 11-12-2009

Budman wrote:
Quote:And how was the original complainer harmed or delayed again??? Give me a break. What happened to the "drive like you stole it" metaphor??? Typically those that get their panties in a bunch over this type of stuff are just jealous, plain and simple. And the driver owns no one an explanation.

I would also suggest the complainer be deleted as a site user and more stringent qualifications added to prevent this type of baloney in the future, entertaining as it is.

Oh, I certainly agree. Drive it like you stole it. Make sudden right turns from the left lane. After all, no one was harmed. So no one should complain unless and until conduct of this sort results in an accident, right? Maybe the same should go for all those silly rules at the track, like driving slowly in the pits, etc. No more whining until some driver or their kid gets hit. Then -- maybe -- it will be grounds for complaint.

Sheesh.

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-12-2009

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye."

- ccm911 - 11-12-2009

Where is that quote from?  It's pretty funny.

- JoeP - 11-12-2009

I think Mrs. Lewis said that in 1969 when she caught a bunch of us having a BB gun battle in her back yard. 

- larrybard - 11-12-2009

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Where is that quote from? It's pretty funny.

The term, "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye" is from Ancient Rome. The only rule during wrestling matches was, "No eye gouging." Everything else was allowed. The only way to be disqualified was to poke someone's eye out.

Of course there's also "It's all fun and games until someone loses a weiner," but you didn't ask about that one.

- JeffConklin - 11-12-2009

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:ADMIN Note: The owner of the car has asked me to remove the picture from the forum. In the spirit of no censorship I have altered the image to block the license number but leave the picture so the thread is not censored.

Brian:

Why would you not remove the picture as requested? It doesn't show any of the actions described in the OPs post. It adds nothing to the thread other than potentially identifying an individual. How is the thread "censored" by removing the picture?

As funny as this is, it's the beginning of very dangerous ground. The entire thread should be closed and removed.

Or, should we just open a section where we publicly post allegations of each other’s alleged lapses in judgment anonymously so that the rest of the car club can comment or demand a response.

It's not censorship. It's my opinion that topics like these are just way outside of the intent of the forum.

Maybe I just need to lighten up.

- Darren - 11-12-2009

You're absolutely correct Jeff.

At the same time, haha, funny thread!!!