Riesentöter Forums
RTR's 50th Anniversary Celebration - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: RTR's 60th Anniversary Celebration (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: RTR's 50th Anniversary Celebration (/showthread.php?tid=101)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Phokaioglaukos - 12-05-2006

Good to see you here, John. We look forward to learning more of the plans for the 50th. At breakfast Sunday we heard that there will be jackets for sale with the RTR 50th logo. Perhaps after the dinner next weekend you could post some photos here?

- John Heckman - 12-05-2006

uhh... That would require knowledge of the use of one of those far fangled digital photographic camera things, wouldn't it?  Remember, I'm a Fossil.  My 911 doesn't even have a radiator!  Any volunteers to take pictures?

- APXD 30 - 12-05-2006

John,

I sent a PM to you on Saturday.   Please give me a call at the number in the message.  

I have also contacted national for the full terms and conditions of yesterday's Cayman raffle and their guidance regarding outside auditor/counsel.

- ccm911 - 12-06-2006

John Heckman wrote:
Quote:Thanks for your interest in our 50th Anniversary Celebration. Although I agree that Penn's Landing would be a nice place to hold an event, arrangements are in the works to hold our 50th Anniversary Birthday party (as we are calling it) at Radnor Hunt. Perhaps the Club could hold another type of event at Penn' s Landing in a subsequent year.

Stay tuned for more information. The official kick-off of our Anniversary Year begins on Saturday, December 9 at the Annual Awards Banquet.

John Heckman
Radnor Hunt would be the bomb! Plus, it will be a short drive back to my house for whomever will be delivering my Cayman.

- John Heckman - 12-06-2006

Bombs, guns, and a Street Fighter?  I guess you wouldn't be real interested in my latest poem, eh?

- ccm911 - 12-06-2006

When will you be writing for Der Gasser?

- John Heckman - 12-06-2006

I don't know.  I used to edit it -- back before computers were invented -- so I guess I carry some baggage about getting too involved in it again.  Back then we did everything by hand and typewriter and stayed up late at night. 

Also, I'm pretty busy now with my recent career change.  How's your new job?

- APXD 30 - 12-08-2006

John,

After our conversation on Tuesday, I spoke with Vu Nguyen at National.   Vu tells me that the Dec. 4th Cayman raffle was a financial/marketing success for Nat. and they plan to raffle two cars in June (at the parade) and in Dec of 2007.  

I inquired to see if there may be an opportunity to partner with National on the December car in conjunction with our 50th anniversary banquet (of course we would want the model year would have to be an '07).    Vu will explore the opportunity at the next board meeting an Jan. 6th and see if there is support to continue discussion of how we might accomplish this.

- John Heckman - 12-08-2006

Keep me posted.

- smankow - 12-08-2006

in looking at the raffle, we need to see if there is a modification to our PA registration for this type of fund raiser.  Also, this should be handled by an outside party, similar to the PA lottery being auditing by a CPA firm.  For this to be successful for us, we will definitely need absolute integrity both in fact and appearance.  I could recommend either CPA's or attorney's to handle this.

From a tax standpoint, there shouldn't be an issue with unrelated income if we use proceeds for charity or in pursuit of our charitable purposes.

If we do this outside of National, we would need to determine which dealership would supply the car, options, etc.  Will PCNA allow us to get a car at true cost?

Just my $.02

Steve