Riesentöter Forums
custom made seat insert - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Girl Talk (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: custom made seat insert (/showthread.php?tid=107)

- HunyBadger - 10-02-2006

Hi ladies,

There seems to be enough interest in my custom-made seat insert that I thought I'd just share it here. 

Futureline AutoTops
301 S. Pottstown Pike
Exton, PA  19341

(610) 363-7977
7 - 5:30 M - F

Ask for Mark when you call. 

I gave him J Couglin's insert as a template, from which he made changes based on my specifications.  For instance I wanted sturdier foam in the lumbar region and changes to the shoulder and leg lengths.  He had a "draft" for me in a week.  I tested it (in the car of course) and we finalized some tweaks.  All in all it was done in ~2 weeks. 

Mark is super cool and really listens to what you want.   His attention to detail is a delight.  He also has an eye for things you might not even realize you need (he was the one who noticed I needed more length in the torso).

Over the 3 projects we've worked on, I kept these things in mind and we worked fabulously:
  • Give him some lead time (contact him at least a month+ before you need the seat)[/*]
  • Articulate what you want/don't like about other inserts you've seen[/*]
  • Propose a realistic deadline and call him a few days before you plan to pick it up to verify everything is done.  (He's super busy, esp in the summer and sometimes ordered fabrics don't come in as expected.)
[/*]
Note that his expertise is not just for seat inserts; I've seen a few cars there for upholstery, usually classics as well as marine/boat upholstery.  I've also had him re-upholster a dove-grey leather seat in my SUV which was burned by brake fluid. You'd never know it was not the stock seat.  

If you questions before you call him, feel free to ask me first,

Shannon Turgeon.

- TwentySix - 10-02-2006

Hi Huny  Smile

I was looking for something like this in early summer, I bought a hans and my seat was too long in the torso for my belts to lay on it correctly.  Do you have a picture?  Is it fire resisitant?  If you don't mind, how much was it ?  (you can PM me) I've been thinking of getting a custom made seat.  They don't offer much track gear in our sizes...

- HunyBadger - 10-02-2006

Elizabeth,
My particular seat is not covered in Nomex or other fire retardent material.  Mark has access to all sorts of other fabrics though so I bet he could get it if it was requested.  I am also certain that I could go back and get it recovered if I chose to.

I found Mark's prices extemely reasonable.  They aptly reflect the amount of time each custom piece required.  My insert was ~$250. 

I should mention that this seat has worked very well as a solution for sharing a car with my husband who is a foot taller than I.  The main seat is fixed for him and without the insert, I can't even see over the steering wheel!  Big Grin 

It's dang near impossible to find anything that fits me without alteration.  It's such a bummer that items already expensive and custom made are not more diverse in sizing.  That's why this seat insert is so great...finally something that fits!!

- ADCooperS - 10-21-2008

Hi Shannon,

I am happy to hear you got a seat insert that is perfect for you!  I know what you mean about not being able to see over the steering wheel - I took a ride with you at the Glen and took a ride with Steve Schuren in his 944 at Thunderbolt.  I got all strapped in and said, "well I can almost see over the dashboard - I am about windshield wiper level!"  I think I'd have to sit on a phone book to be able to drive it!  I hope you had a great time at Thunderbolt and will see you next year!

Allison

- dmano - 10-27-2008

Hello Lady's,

Just a heads up. Mark is one of the best around. His father used to take care of all my grandfathers and fathers interiors and seats on well over 200+ classics and antique cars. Mark has been taking car of all my cars for well over 30 years now and I have never found anyone better.

It's great when you find someone in love with their occupation, that transfers over to our passions as well.

- Guest - 03-03-2011

yeye。。I found 。Thanks for sharing us。

Thomas Sabo|Thomas Sabo Charms