Riesentöter Forums
Financial Shakeup this weekend - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Financial Shakeup this weekend (/showthread.php?tid=1090)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- nplenzick - 03-23-2008

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:I know that people's memories are failing, but I have to remind them that under Clinton we had balanced budgets (with a surplus each year), we were paying down the debt and were due to pay it off entirely by 2013 - the chances of that happening now are nil.

The first thing GW did when arriving in office was to do away with balanced budgets and fiscal control. He has never seen a spending bill that he didn't like - remember he only issued his first veto a year ago and it was not on a spending bill. One thing Hillary has pledged to do is return to balanced budgets, paying down the national debt and fiscal control. Gotta love that one all by itself.
You can pledge all you want, but the truth of the matter is not one of the candidates knows what they'll face until their sworn in next Jan. I'd rather see us get this economy going again, the balanced budget would soon follow along with some prudent fiscal responsibility.

- nplenzick - 03-23-2008

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Yes, we were aware of the threats to national security. Bush was warned about Bin Laden when he took office.

Syria offered to deliver Bin Laden to us and we didn't take him.

Clinton had the chance to bomb him out of existence and didn't take the opportunity.

The fact is that the Clinton and Bush administrations knew about the problems with Bin Laden (remember the USS Cole bombings?) and the issues were clearly documented in the 9/11 report.

The "Intelligence" in CIA is an oxymoron.

(BTW, the veto I mentioned above was for Stem Cell Research - can't spend money on science! ) [Image: nono.gif]

Actually the only one who has come close to killing Bin Laden was President Clinton. If I remember they missed him by 20 min. He was with a Saudi official at the time. Richard Clarke who was the Secretary of Defense ( and a Republican) has verified that in his book. Interesting to note he was the Secretary for Regan, Bush Sr, and Clinton only to be fired GB Jr.

- nplenzick - 03-23-2008

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:An article about how sentiment is worse than the current data on the economy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge/idUSN2042637020080320

Personally, I'm just getting anxious for the Panamera to launch so that I can buy one. Smile

[Image: jumper.gif]
Economic data by the "professionals" really lags at least a few months behind what is actually happening. As I have read the article I came away with we're right on the edge of a recession......it could go ether way. I wonder how consumer sediment will be when they learn their home heating oil will be double for next year!

- nplenzick - 03-23-2008

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:nplenzick wrote:
Quote:Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Yes, we were aware of the threats to national security. Bush was warned about Bin Laden when he took office.

Syria offered to deliver Bin Laden to us and we didn't take him.

Clinton had the chance to bomb him out of existence and didn't take the opportunity.

The fact is that the Clinton and Bush administrations knew about the problems with Bin Laden (remember the USS Cole bombings?) and the issues were clearly documented in the 9/11 report.

The "Intelligence" in CIA is an oxymoron.

(BTW, the veto I mentioned above was for Stem Cell Research - can't spend money on science! ) [Image: nono.gif]

Actually the only one who has come close to killing Bin Laden was President Clinton. If I remember they missed him by 20 min. He was with a Saudi official at the time. Richard Clarke who was the Secretary of Defense ( and a Republican) has verified that in his book. Interesting to note he was the Secretary for Regan, Bush Sr, and Clinton only to be fired GB Jr.

Clinton had bombers in the air and recalled them.

And I believe he recalled them because of the Saudi official that Bin Laden was with. President Clinton in an interview years latter regretted the decision. He was concerned and rightly so that if took out Bin Laden and the Saudi ( he may have been a prince ) that things could have gotten out of hand in the Middle East. If he would have known what was to have happen on 9-11 who would have taken the chance. It's something he admitted that he'll have to live with the rest of his life.

It's not like he had a hole lot of backing at the time, as the republicans were trying to burn he's ass for lying about the now famous BJ.

- ccm911 - 03-23-2008

Wayne and Nick, quite the intellectual conversation.  Very impressive!

As for losing one Saudi for Bin Laden, I would risk ONE MILLION Saudis to see justice done.  Bush is in bed with them, as was his father!!  A few of them drove the planes!

Call me "Isolationist", but at this point we need to draw back.  So what if we pull out of Iraq?  The 100,000 plus Troops over there now would more than suffice for our own border protection.  After all, isn't that what we are all paying for with our tax dollars?  And what did my hard earned tax dollar get me in return for the war in Iraq? $3.75 per gallon for Sunoco Premium!!!!

Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld(on further thought, Rice is merely opportunistic) must be charged with a crime!!  As well as Halinburton!

"Knock", "Knock". "Who's There?".  Surely not the system of checks and balances that Jefferson assured us. 

Can't you please come back home?

- ccm911 - 03-23-2008

As long as you agree that Clinton was the best president we will ever see.  And I am completely serious.  He was really good.  If a BJ was the worst they found...I rest my case.

- ccm911 - 03-23-2008

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:we made the same mistake twice in keeping the President with an IQ of a pea in the Oval Office.

Not "WE"! I voted against him twice. How could folks have voted for him? Probably those folks in Florida with the "Pro-Life Liscense plates" that Nick referred to. I mean, it was obvious from the beginning that this "Daddy's Boy" was a lightweight. And all his temper tantrums did was cost us money!

Retards, All!

- ccm911 - 03-23-2008

But tell us WHY!

- ccm911 - 03-23-2008

I can't figure it out either.

- nplenzick - 03-23-2008

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:As long as you agree that Clinton was the best president we will ever see. And I am completely serious. He was really good. If a BJ was the worst they found...I rest my case.

I agree with most of what you and Wayne have written except this last statement Chris. The best IS yet to come. Call me hopeless but I want Obama in, I want to give this guy a shot . Maybe I still believe we can change things, and to do that we need someone with new ideas......and he's got the most.

On another note, Honda will stop all production of motorcycles this year in the USA and will bring it back to Japan. Any ideas as to why?

UAW...............no not a member

High wages and Health care cost..............wrong Japanese workers are paid a higher wage and have better health care.

US workers don't do the quality of work the Japanese can do.........nope wrong again some years the US workers have a higher quality control record and some years its the Japanese.

So why are they doing this? It seams it's written somewhere in their Constitution that if their economy isn't what it should be that production is brought back home. Now there's a novel idea!