Riesentöter Forums
Financial Shakeup this weekend - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Financial Shakeup this weekend (/showthread.php?tid=1090)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- ccm911 - 04-01-2008

I hate to say it, but OBama is making sense.  His election, coupled with the voting out of all incumbents would make a world of difference.  And we really need term limits for Senators and Congressmen.  It is clear that the American public(masses of asses) are far too stupid to oversee this through the electoral process.  I mean, here in Pennsylvania, we have Arlen Specter, the biggest piece of human garbage, sucking off the "public tit" for far too long.  I mean in excess of twenty years!  He needs to go.  And it s unfair that his son lives in a multi-million dollar mansion that was acquired by collecting clients through Daddy's political clout.

And why did Chelsea Clinton get a job in Banking for over $100K right out of school? Could political conections have anything to do with it?

They are all criminals and it is time for us to change it.  We don't need a revolution.  We only need to collectively as a nation exercise common sense!  Let's use these checks and balances to our advantage.

And before he leaves office, George Bush needs to be charged and tried for breaking all the laws he did.  For pandering to the masses under the guise of "protecting us" from dangers which never existed.  Dick Cheyney for his Haliburton connections, and Donalad Rumsfeld for lying(and being arrogant)! 

I think everyone needs to watch Michael Moore's "Roger and Me" once again.  Then take what happened in Flint when GM moved out and the middle class was decimated.  Now extrapolate this to a nationwide epidemic.  That is what is happening now.  The wealthy are wealthier, while the solid middle class has been reduced to nothing, leaving only Corporate Criminals on top, and common street criminals on the bottom!  And nothing in between.

Americans need to wake up and smell the coffee!!!!  

- ccm911 - 04-01-2008

dmano wrote:
Quote:Parents today have no back bone. They let their kids do anything, touch anything, brake anything, take anything, do as they please and so on. I hate going out to dinner any more or breakfast. Kids running around screaming in a restaurant is unacceptable. I will not eat in a restaurant were there are families with children present. Parents today are scared to be parents of the past.

I won't spank Johnny that's not right. I will put him in time out. Real smart..... a lot of good that did.

Maybe the parents need a good stiff kick in the ass like the good old days.

Agreed, and then some. People like to blame the poor people in the city for raising awful kids. Living on the Main Line, I see just as much "Yuppie Scum" raising worthless brats. Their whole value system sucks. I agree with David. I refuse to go to a dining establishment that allows families. Just not worth it.

But then again, look at the loser parents raising these kids. They have no backbone, and are nothing other than sheep. They were told that they could smoke cigars, so Cigar bars were opened. They were told they could drive big SUVs, so they all ran out and bought Suburbans. They were told they could ride motorcycles, so they all ran out and bought Harleys. They were told that it was acceptable to live in oversized houses, and they all ran out and bought McMansions.

God, this society is going to hell in a handbasket!!!

- dmano - 04-01-2008

What do you all think of Osama taking his oath on the Quran when he was elected to the senate.

- nplenzick - 04-01-2008

emayer wrote:
Quote:No intervention in stabilizing the mortgage crisis. Allow free market forces to play this out. A harsh and costly lesson indeed on the scale of the Great Depression, but one that will likely strengthen individual's and governmental fiscal responsibility moving forward.

Consider the creation of industrial zones with loosening of some environmental restrictions in these dedicated areas. Alternatively, taxation of industries within these areas can be reduced to assist in environmental compliance. Geographic consolidation will permit companies to collectively address environmental issues further reducing cost burden.

Aggressive pursuit of alternative energies including the reintroduction of nuclear power.

I agree with most of what you have suggested except these three statements.

I'm all for not bailing failing financial institutions but right now we have to do what ever it takes to keep this country out of a depression. Maybe your parents weren't old enough to live through it but mine were. It's something you and your children do not want to experience, believe me!

Why give any consideration to loosening environmental standards to industry? Unless you want this industrial zone in your backyard. This is just a step backwards as far as I'm concerned and just another excuse as to why we can't be competitive in the market place.

Nuclear power, well if and when they can ever make the disposal of the waste safe, then maybe. But I still remember what happened at Three Mile Island and how close we came to a complete melt down.

- nplenzick - 04-01-2008

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:I hate to say it, but OBama is making sense. His election, coupled with the voting out of all incumbents would make a world of difference. And we really need term limits for Senators and Congressmen. It is clear that the American public(masses of asses) are far too stupid to oversee this through the electoral process. I mean, here in Pennsylvania, we have Arlen Specter, the biggest piece of human garbage, sucking off the "public tit" for far too long. I mean in excess of twenty years! He needs to go. And it s unfair that his son lives in a multi-million dollar mansion that was acquired by collecting clients through Daddy's political clout.

And why did Chelsea Clinton get a job in Banking for over $100K right out of school? Could political conections have anything to do with it?

They are all criminals and it is time for us to change it. We don't need a revolution. We only need to collectively as a nation exercise common sense! Let's use these checks and balances to our advantage.

And before he leaves office, George Bush needs to be charged and tried for breaking all the laws he did. For pandering to the masses under the guise of "protecting us" from dangers which never existed. Dick Cheyney for his Haliburton connections, and Donalad Rumsfeld for lying(and being arrogant)!

I think everyone needs to watch Michael Moore's "Roger and Me" once again. Then take what happened in Flint when GM moved out and the middle class was decimated. Now extrapolate this to a nationwide epidemic. That is what is happening now. The wealthy are wealthier, while the solid middle class has been reduced to nothing, leaving only Corporate Criminals on top, and common street criminals on the bottom! And nothing in between.

Americans need to wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

Got to read the book ," The Audacity of Hope" . You would be surprised at how relevant it is to the discussions that have been going on in this thread.

Don't forget Mr. Moore's film 911 where just about everything he predicted has come true!

- nplenzick - 04-01-2008

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

They were told they could ride motorcycles, so they all ran out and bought Harleys. They were told that it was acceptable to live in oversized houses, and they all ran out and bought McMansions.

God, this society is going to hell in a handbasket!!!

You know Chris I never got the Harley thing, didn't get it 30 years ago and certainly don't get it now. In fact it pretty much goes like this, Harley's, NASCAR, Pro wrestling, and the McMansions.

It's really a shame we can't build a hi-tech motorcycle in this country, something that can compete against Japanese and the Europe manufactures.

It's hard to believe that NASCAR is the most popular form of motorsports here. With their antiquated carburetors, pushrod motors, solid rear axle cars. Wouldn't it be nice if we could show the world what we can do, you know like the Australians do with their Super Car Series which is based on Ford and GM cars, fuel injected, center hub wheels, independent suspensions, short shift transmissions.

Pro Wrestling speaks for itself, it is what it is.

The Mcmansions I rate right up there with a Harley.

Chris, the vast majority of people are try to live up to an image instead of living life.....................maybe its safer doing that but I'd be as bored as hellSmile

- nplenzick - 04-01-2008

dmano wrote:
Quote:What do you all think of Osama taking his oath on the Quran when he was elected to the senate.

If your are referring to Barack, I really don't know if that's true or not as there are lot's of rumors that are being spread about him most from the far right.

If it's true I pretty much could care less except it shows me he has the balls to do it and stand by he's beliefs.

- ccm911 - 04-01-2008

nplenzick wrote:
Quote:Chris, the vast majority of people are try to live up to an image instead of living life.....................maybe its safer doing that but I'd be as bored as hellSmile

Tell me about it. As I sit here in my cube in Corporate America at the age of 44, I continually ask myself, "What went Wrong?". It will be three years this June since I arrived here and have yet to hear an original thought. My bosses boss acts like he is scared of me. But then why shouldn't he be? He is about 35 and makes about a buck fifty a year. He played it straight, is married, has three kids and the obligatory SUV. And, here I am laughing at him continuously. He sees the disrespect, but can not do a thing about it since I actually get the job done. He belongs to one screwed up generation. They have no spunk. It is like someone has brainwashed them all. Like little rats! God forbid, someone should question the status quo!

But in the end, I would never trade places with him. I may be where I am at, but I am continually amused as I watch the passing parade run past my cubicle. And then again, nothing is forever. Good things are right around the corner.Smile

- dmano - 04-01-2008

I am the same as Chris, I see all the corp worker bees all the time same thing in same thing out day after day. I love my job, everyday is different never the same thing twice. I am on the road all day going to people's homes, work, the mall wherever the job is I go. I would shoot myself if I had to work in an office looking out the window or looking at a wall all day. I feel for  the guy that has the wife, 2.5 kids, SUV,  and a boring job making 150K I make a lot less and am happy everyday I wake up.

Can't wait till it's time to open the pool. No kids allowed. Miss behaved that is.

- emayer - 04-01-2008

nplenzick wrote:
Quote:emayer wrote:
Quote:No intervention in stabilizing the mortgage crisis. Allow free market forces to play this out. A harsh and costly lesson indeed on the scale of the Great Depression, but one that will likely strengthen individual's and governmental fiscal responsibility moving forward.

Consider the creation of industrial zones with loosening of some environmental restrictions in these dedicated areas. Alternatively, taxation of industries within these areas can be reduced to assist in environmental compliance. Geographic consolidation will permit companies to collectively address environmental issues further reducing cost burden.

Aggressive pursuit of alternative energies including the reintroduction of nuclear power.

I agree with most of what you have suggested except these three statements.

I'm all for not bailing failing financial institutions but right now we have to do what ever it takes to keep this country out of a depression. Maybe your parents weren't old enough to live through it but mine were. It's something you and your children do not want to experience, believe me!

Why give any consideration to loosening environmental standards to industry? Unless you want this industrial zone in your backyard. This is just a step backwards as far as I'm concerned and just another excuse as to why we can't be competitive in the market place.

Nuclear power, well if and when they can ever make the disposal of the waste safe, then maybe. But I still remember what happened at Three Mile Island and how close we came to a complete melt down.

Good points!

My parents grew up during and in post-war Germany, our families essentially having to rebuild from rubble. I would argue that such hardships endear people with a greater appreciation of family, community, and civic responsibility which is sorely missing in this nation at present.

I agree that we shouldn't necessarily loosen environmental standards, just consolidate industries geographically to minimize environmental impact and contain costs. There are additional logistical benefits in doing this which would only benefit coorporations. As an aside, there is a new coal powered energy plant not 3 miles from my house. You would never know its presence.

No one wants a nuclear plant in their backyard, but there are plenty of desolate regions throughout the country where these could be safely located. The technologies and saftery mecahnisms have evolved greatly since the 3-mile island accident of the 1970s. If you have the time, pull up a schematic of the Rhine, there are literally dozens of reactors along the borders!

As we have all said, meaningful change will require sacrifice and risk and you have correctly pointed out some of the concerns. Are we willing to accept these? Are there reasonable alternatives?

As for Obama and the Koran, I personally couldn't care less though I'm a bit perplexed. I know his father was Muslim, but isn't Obama Christian? If so, what was the intent of using the Koran if not to make some sort of statement? What is the message?