Riesentöter Forums
Financial Shakeup this weekend - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Financial Shakeup this weekend (/showthread.php?tid=1090)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- ccm911 - 04-15-2008

Agreed.  Nick, there are so few folks willing to jump in on this discussion, that it would be a travesty for you to leave.  Just fire up the laptop every now and then so you could report in.

As for the weak souls reading this thread , yet not writing.  Grow a set and get into the fray.  It might be good for you to leave the "comfort zone" as well.

Best of luck Nick.  I took off three years to do what I wanted.  And as soon as I see a break in the fence, I too will be right out there with you.

- emayer - 04-15-2008

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Nicely said Nick. I've gotta respect you for your interest and passion. If only we could have more people engaged in the process!

I'm sad to see that you're done with the discussion - gotta get you to find some time to keep on talking with us. Smile Good luck with the traveling!

+1

We might not always be of the same mindset, but I respect your opinions and your comments will be missed. Best wishes Nick!

- Ccns23 - 04-15-2008

I can only say that this is definately a difficult decision on who to vote for. Both candidates have their positives and negatives. Truthfully, my head is just spinning on both candidates. It's really tough to weed through the BS and get to the heart of what they really stand for. Unfortunately, most of us only get our information from either TV (ads), the few debates (that many don't bother with, I mean c'mon American Idol is on), and the candidates websites that only praise themselves and bash the other.

All I want is a candidate that isn't going to blow smoke up my tuckus. Unfortunately, that's how politics work. It's all just a bunch of BS. To me, politicians are no better than used car salesman. And it's truly disheartening that this is the state of the government.

- AMoore - 04-15-2008

Quote:
Quote:A little bit of disagreement is good. Smile

I think that each of us has brought slightly different things to the discussion. Nick brought some interesting points to the table that made us think about our positions a little more closely.

Actually, I've been impressed at how much we agree, even though our general philosophies are different.

I've actually been a bit disapponted by how much we agree.  I would prefer more disagreement.  There is less of a chance of enlightenment where there is agreement. 

I would welcome any bible thumpin' gun totin' no tax payin' self involved, status quo lovin' torture monger, world bullying, natural resource burnin' future ignoring, right wing conservative to this dialogue.Wink

- ccm911 - 04-15-2008

AMoore wrote:
Quote:
Quote:I would welcome any bible thumpin' gun totin' no tax payin' self involved, status quo lovin' torture monger, world bullying, natural resource burnin' future ignoring, right wing conservative to this dialogue.Wink
And do I see a Hummer listed in your fleet?

- ccm911 - 04-15-2008

And from the "Corporate Trash File", courtesy of CNN/Fortune:

HOUSTON (AP) -- Exxon Mobil Corp., whose $40 billion profit last year again broke the record for a U.S. company, gave chairman and CEO Rex Tillerson an 18% raise to $21.7 million, according to an analysis of a proxy statement filed Thursday.

DETROIT (AP) -- Ford Motor Co. President and CEO Alan Mulally received compensation valued at $22.8 million in 2007, down nearly 42% from the prior year, when he joined the company and collected a hefty signing bonus, according to a federal regulatory filing published Friday.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Wellardmac - 04-15-2008

AMoore wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:A little bit of disagreement is good. Smile

I think that each of us has brought slightly different things to the discussion. Nick brought some interesting points to the table that made us think about our positions a little more closely.

Actually, I've been impressed at how much we agree, even though our general philosophies are different.

I've actually been a bit disapponted by how much we agree. I would prefer more disagreement. There is less of a chance of enlightenment where there is agreement.

I would welcome any bible thumpin' gun totin' no tax payin' self involved, status quo lovin' torture monger, world bullying, natural resource burnin' future ignoring, right wing conservative to this dialogue.Wink

yeah, I know, it's pretty scary.

- Wellardmac - 04-15-2008

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:And from the "Corporate Trash File", courtesy of CNN/Fortune:

HOUSTON (AP) -- Exxon Mobil Corp., whose $40 billion profit last year again broke the record for a U.S. company, gave chairman and CEO Rex Tillerson an 18% raise to $21.7 million, according to an analysis of a proxy statement filed Thursday.

DETROIT (AP) -- Ford Motor Co. President and CEO Alan Mulally received compensation valued at $22.8 million in 2007, down nearly 42% from the prior year, when he joined the company and collected a hefty signing bonus, according to a federal regulatory filing published Friday.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish. it's disgusting how much these guys get paid.

- emayer - 04-15-2008

Could the fact that we hold similar opinions may in fact be an indicator of how out of touch the current parties are with the American mainstream?

Having just paid the IRS yet again, I pondered how it is our candidates hope to support future projects.  Mind you I'm not entirely against additional tax increases if they are to help diminish our debt or fund viable projects.  I post this summation here to show the current candidates plans.  The notion that they will only tax the "rich" is ridiculous.  I can't believe people actually buy into this....

Comparison of  proposed taxes under McCain, Obama, and Hillary

CAPITAL GAINS  TAX

MCCAIN    15% (no change)
OBAMA     28% 
HILLARY  24%  

How does this  affect you?   If you sell your home and make a profit, you will  pay 28% of your gain on taxes.   If you are heading toward  retirement and  would like to down-size your home or move into  a  retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to  taxes.   Obama/Clinton's proposals will adversely affect Seniors  who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement  income. 

DIVIDEND  TAX  

MCCAIN    15% (no change)
OBAMA     39.6%
HILLARY  39.6%  

How will this  affect you?  If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA,  mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or  anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40%  of the money earned in taxes if Obama or Clinton become president.   Many experts predict that Obama/Clinton higher tax rates on dividends  and capital gains will crash the stock market yet do absolutely nothing to  cut the deficit." 

INCOME  TAX  

MCCAIN (no  changes) 

These are the  current rates: 

Single making  30K - tax $4,500 
Single making  50K - tax $12,500 
Single making  75K - tax $18,750 
Married making  60K- tax $9,000 
Married making  75K - tax $18,750 
Married making  125K - tax $31,250 

OBAMA (revert to  pre-Bush tax cuts) 

These are  Obama's Rates:  

Single making  30K - tax $8,400 
Single making  50K - tax $14,000 
Single making  75K - tax $23,250 
Married making  60K - tax $16,800 
Married making  75K - tax $21,000 
Married making  125K - tax $38,750

HILLARY (revert  to pre-Bush tax cuts) 

These are  Hillary's Rates: 

Single making  30K - tax $8,400 
Single making  50K - tax $14,000 
Single making  75K - tax $23,250 
Married making  60K - tax $16,800 
Married making  75K - tax $21,000 
Married making  125K - tax $38,750 

How does this  affect you?  No explanation needed.   

INHERITANCE  TAX  

MCCAIN      0%                                                     OBAMA    55%*      
HILLARY  55%*    

How does this  affect you?  Many families will lose businesses, farms and  ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because  they will not be able to afford the inheritance tax.   

Leaving a farm  or small business to your children?  They will have to sell it in  order to pay the taxes.  

Is that  fair?   

*The tax rate  after a $1 Million exemption will  be 55%.   

NEW  TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY BOTH HILLARY AND  OBAMA  

* New government  taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet  
* New gasoline  taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already)  * New taxes on  natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)  
* New taxes on  retirement accounts. 

- Ccns23 - 04-15-2008

Unfotunately, our taxes will have to be raised anyway. That wonderful war over in Iraq has stretched us to the limit, the deficet keeps rising, and our government keeps wasting money bailing out corporations instead of it's constituants.

But, until people stop bitching on online forums and actually get together to make a difference nothing will change. And yes, I'm a hypocrite for saying that but it's the truth. People will complain to each other till they are blue in the face, but when was the last time that the people actually organized together for a common goal AGAINST our govenment? I mean, the government is supposed to be for the people not the other way around.