Riesentöter Forums
Financial Shakeup this weekend - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Financial Shakeup this weekend (/showthread.php?tid=1090)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- ccm911 - 03-18-2008

Like ANYONE is worth that much.  Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered!  These HOGS should be tossed in a vat of boiling oil.  Their greed has brought us from a nice capitalist country to an Oligopoly.  Where are the checks and balances?  This greed has all but gutted the middle class.  And NAFTA?  What did that do other than fatten these hogs even further!  Canada is looking better and better every day.

- catchacab - 03-18-2008

I currently have an available position in my office for a receptionist.  The candidates that have come to interview, cannot speak proper English and have multiple facial and oral piercing.  How can I hire someone like that?

Why can't I find a normal person to hire?

- dmano - 03-18-2008

whats it pay and do I need to bring my knee padsBig Grin

- dmano - 03-18-2008

I'm in need of a career change

- ccm911 - 03-18-2008

catchacab wrote:
Quote:I currently have an available position in my office for a receptionist. The candidates that have come to interview, cannot speak proper English and have multiple facial and oral piercing. How can I hire someone like that?

Why can't I find a normal person to hire?

Isn't that the truth!! I just got done interviewing a potential intern. Based on what I heard, he should be the CEO of our company. Does anyone just want a job any more.

As for piercings and visible tattoos. Please feel free to express yourself, just not on my time.

- catchacab - 03-18-2008

What is success?

1. Being happy

2. Doing what you do well

True success does not correlate with $$$.  Money and material items only masks what you lack.

One can be poor but successful, or conversely be rich but a failure.

- emayer - 03-18-2008

This is an excellent thread and I'm glad to know there are others out there with common sense!  In my view, the tax rebate is the most egregious form of communism (income redistribution) seen in recent memory.  Nothing but political pandering which only fosters this country's sense of entitlement and prolongs the agony which lies ahead.

We are no longer a truly capitalistic society. Overregualtion and manufacturing disincentives (taxes, environmetal constraints, labor, etc.) are hindering our continued development as a nation and will ultimately cripple us to second tier status.

Until we change our materialistic and self-centric views as a society little will change.  there needs to be an emphasis on education especially of the trades and manufacturing fields.  Our government needs to re-emphasize and foster the creation and development of manufacturing jobs within our borders.  This is a tall order indeed!

- ccm911 - 03-18-2008

And the beat goes on.........

I know we are all right on this topic.  From the CNN site today:

Some economists have argued the rate cuts will cause a continued weakening in the value of the dollar and a further spike in commodity prices -- which could lead to higher prices for gas, food and imported goods. According to a new national CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Tuesday, Americans said inflation is their top economic concern.

- dmano - 03-18-2008

The rich just keep getting richer.

I kind of wish the market would crash so I can watch all the wealthy people jump out the windows.

- ccm911 - 03-18-2008

Nothing would make me happier.

I mean just when Kenneth Lay is about to receive a pummeling for the Enron debacle, he goes and has a heart attack!  How rude to just die before we can publically humiliate that scumbag and his loser family.  Remember the wife bitching because they lost the Aspen home?