Riesentöter Forums
Jefferson/ Summit - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Jefferson/ Summit (/showthread.php?tid=1156)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- JeffConklin - 05-23-2008

Dumb Question - Is this event 2 days of jefferson 1 at Summit or 2 at Summit one at Jefferson?? I can't get there till Sunday - Just wondering what I'll miss on Saturday.

Jeff  

- michael lang - 05-23-2008

Jeff, you will be missing 1 day of Jefferson

- Darren - 05-29-2008

2 at Jefferson, one at Summit.  We normally run alternating directions each day on Jefferson.  Noone is sure which way is more awful Smile

- Terry - 06-01-2008

It is really unfortunate that Jefferson is being so trashed by experienced drivers that a lot of lower run group drivers have decided it is beneath them. That is ridiculous! The track has its points of interest and bad points, just like all of them. Lap times are very close to Pocono N. It's true there is nothing like Pocono turn 1 at Jeff but if you're looking for danger, ask about Ruth Bauman's aerobatic Boxter after the fast downhill left (going CCW). There is plenty to learn and we should be getting the word out, not the opposite. That there are openings in Green and Blue may be our fault more than the price of gas.

- Darren - 06-01-2008

Don't blame me for the price of gas Smile

You're right that Jefferson is a great learning track -- which is exactly why they made it.  The increasing/decreasing (depending which way you run) esses are a great learning venue.  We also usually have a great BBQ there that is a lot of fun!

Personally I think Shenandoah gets overlooked.  When we do Jeff/Jeff/Summit, I believe that Shenandoah is available at least one of those days.

Jefferson/Shenandoah/Summit would be a much better event.  Don't "waah" to me about moving your trailers Smile

- michael lang - 06-01-2008

I had no idea that there was even an issue with the the upper run groups. I know it's not a very fast track but as far as I'm concerned, track time is track time. Jefferson Circuit is okay in my book.

- JeffConklin - 06-02-2008

It would be interresting to see why we have openings.  For those not towing the gas cost is minimal in comparison to the cost of the weekend.  I have always found this event a difficult one to get to just because of the time of year.  With schools wrapping up at the end of the month etc there are always a ton of activities I have to be here for. 

Jeff

- ccm911 - 06-02-2008

Terry wrote:
Quote:It is really unfortunate that Jefferson is being so trashed by experienced drivers that a lot of lower run group drivers have decided it is beneath them. That is ridiculous! The track has its points of interest and bad points, just like all of them. Lap times are very close to Pocono N. It's true there is nothing like Pocono turn 1 at Jeff but if you're looking for danger, ask about Ruth Bauman's aerobatic Boxter after the fast downhill left (going CCW). There is plenty to learn and we should be getting the word out, not the opposite. That there are openings in Green and Blue may be our fault more than the price of gas.

Terry could not be more correct. Jefferson is a great track on which to learn. I think I learned more there than any place else. Sure it is tight, but it allows you to make your mistakes without too much drama(unless your name is RuthWink). And Darren is right. There is generally a really fun BBQ where you get to eat "Mr. Piggy". From rank amature through seasoned vet, there is much to be learned by driving this track.

It is a shame that there are folks who are so good that they don't need any further training, and feel the need to Poo-Poo this event.

It is all good folks! If I were not "house poor" at the moment, I would be driving on any track available. And as an added bonus, I would be hanging out with some really cool people.

- Sechsgang - 06-02-2008

The problem for me is how fast this track eats pads and other consumables when running at an even relatively elevated level. However, I completely agree with Terry in that I think people missunderstand why more advanced drivers dont like the track. That said...I wont lie, Im not a huge fan of what the jeff has to offer.

- JeffConklin - 06-02-2008

I knew I was forgetting something - This event falls on Fathersday weekend!  My wife just reminded me ( I have 4 kids) That probably has as much to do with the turnout as anything.