Riesentöter Forums
Single Event DE Insurance to be Offered! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Single Event DE Insurance to be Offered! (/showthread.php?tid=1236)

Pages: 1 2

- LouZ - 07-14-2008

Marty K - it's almost here!

From the Rennlist Forum ------- coming soon to MotorsportReg.com

My name is Ryan Staub, and I'm a track junkie. I've been involved in this hobby for about 7 years. I am Chief Instructor for the KC BMW Club, a "PCA National DE Instructor Corp Member", and I've instructed for multiple other clubs. I also race with SCCA when I have the time.

I'll just provide some generic details about the program, and if you have other questions, feel free to contact me. The HPDE Insurance Program was designed to meet the needs of the average DE enthusiast - those that attend less than 7 events each year. We are offering single-event coverage to "approved events." To give you an idea, we are offering coverage to all PCA, BMW CCA, and ACNA events. To meet our approval process, events must provide classroom instruction, in-car instruction, passing only with a signal, etc, etc.

We are providing collision and specified perils (explosion, falling objects, fire, hail, lightning, sinkhole collapse, smoke, vandalism, water damage, windstorm, etc) coverage at HPDEs while you are at the racetrack facilities. This is an agreed-value policy that allows you to cover your modifications. Like other options available, we are not providing liability or medical coverage.

Later this week we will launch the official site where you will be able to learn about the program, apply, get a quote, and buy your single-event DE insurance. The purchasing process is very easy, and you'll receive your confirmation e-mail with a declaration page and policy about 5 minutes after submitting your payment information (credit card).

I'll post up a link to our site when we go "live". For those of you that register for events via MotorsportReg, they will be displaying icons for "approved events" that will direct you to our site. This will be very convenient for those that would like to register and buy insurance immediately following the registration transaction.

This program is administered by Lockton Risk Services dba Lockton Affinity. We administer over 90 insurance program for franchises, associations, and affinity groups. Lockton Companies is the largest privately-held insurance brokerage firm in the world. Our coverage is written by a carrier rated "A+" by AM Best.

If you have any questions that you'd like to discuss with me directly, please e-mail me at rstaub (at) locktonaffinity (dot) com.

Regards,

Ryan Staub

- Marty Kocse - 07-14-2008

Got an email from him earlier today - but thanks for looking out for me.

I heard from him that our Glen event on Aug 1,2,3 is one they will cover.  We may have to go to his website directly (rather than motorsportsreg.com) for now to bind coverage.  I'll let everyone know when I get the official word.

- AMoore - 07-18-2008

Any word on this?  I e-mailed Staub a few days ago but no response.

- Marty Kocse - 07-18-2008

AMoore wrote:
Quote:Any word on this? I e-mailed Staub a few days ago but no response.
Nothing official yet.

- Marty Kocse - 07-18-2008

Here it is!!!  I just got the official word from Ryan.  Remember, for now we probably have to use one of the links below but the insurance should be available as a link directly from motorsportsreg.com in the very near future (as part of registration).  I just used it for a 25k quote for my 911 and got a premium of $137.50 - not bad.

*** IMPORTANT *** FOR THE GLEN - SIGN UP MUST BE BEFORE MIDNIGHT on July 31st

Marty,

The site is live.  You can go to http://www.hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com and navigate to the event by going to the “Apply Online�? section.  Or, you can go directly to the event from this link:  https://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/Coverage.aspx?pID=19

After you enter your details, click “Calculate Premium�? to get your quote.  If you want to buy, click “Add to Cart�? and then you’ll be directed to the payment section. 

When you do buy the coverage, please let me know what you thought of the process.

Regards,

[b]Ryan Staub[/b]

[b]Producer[/b]

Lockton Affinity

PO Box 410679
Kansas City, MO 64141

Tel: 913.652.7588

Mobile: 913.908.7280

Fax: 913.652.4588

Email: rstaub@locktonaffinity.com

[size=2]http://www.locktonaffinity.com [/size]

- michael lang - 07-18-2008

My next event probably won't be until October unless I can talk the boss into something sooner. Shelly & I have talked about DE insurance but just couldn't come to grips the expense, with this product now becoming available things could change which is good for me.

- Marty Kocse - 07-28-2008

Unfortunately, there was an upgrade to the software over the weekend that does not allow anyone to complete the transaction.  You get to the final screen, click on "Place Order" and get an error.  Eveidently, their IT staff is working on it.  I also asked if we could bind coverage outside of the web and of course, the answer was no.  So, keep your fingers crossed...

Here is the email I got back from Ryan:

Marty,

Over the weekend our IT staff performed an upgrade to our policy management system.  They expected that the upgrade would be complete by Sunday morning, but they are still working out the remaining issues.  The vendor of the software is working diligently to resolve this issue ASAP.

We are only selling policies online, so I will update you as soon as the system has been fixed.  Unfortunately, our website communicates directly with our policy management system – a transaction cannot be process on the website unless the policy management system is functioning properly.

[b]Ryan Staub[/b]

- Marty Kocse - 07-28-2008

Marty Kocse wrote:
Quote:Unfortunately, there was an upgrade to the software over the weekend that does not allow anyone to complete the transaction. You get to the final screen, click on "Place Order" and get an error. Eveidently, their IT staff is working on it. I also asked if we could bind coverage outside of the web and of course, the answer was no. So, keep your fingers crossed...

Here is the email I got back from Ryan:

Marty,

Over the weekend our IT staff performed an upgrade to our policy management system. They expected that the upgrade would be complete by Sunday morning, but they are still working out the remaining issues. The vendor of the software is working diligently to resolve this issue ASAP.

We are only selling policies online, so I will update you as soon as the system has been fixed. Unfortunately, our website communicates directly with our policy management system – a transaction cannot be process on the website unless the policy management system is functioning properly.

[b]Ryan Staub[/b]
IT'S FIXED!!! I just signed up for $25k and my premium was $152.73

- pearlcoupeg35 - 07-28-2008

I got mine too!

Ryan is a nice dude with a slick website and (what seems to be) a great product here.

I would recomend this service/experience to anyone.....

- vego - 07-29-2008

Just got mine!! :dude: