Riesentöter Forums
It has been a bit quiet around here, what are your plans for the winter - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: It has been a bit quiet around here, what are your plans for the winter (/showthread.php?tid=1308)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- catchacab - 11-07-2008

The elections are over,

the DE season, has almost ended,

Smankow, has posted,

Glen is putting in a full cage,

George bought a Diasio,

Eric is thinking about buying a Cayman,

Joe is going to take us to interesting places.

So what are you going to be doing over the these colder months?  Both Porsche and non-Porsche related.

- catchacab - 11-07-2008

Oh, I guess I should tell everyone my plans.  I am planning on hitting the gym a bit more, building shelves in my garage and possibly adding a four post lift.

- dmano - 11-07-2008

I am installing a full wide body fender and full quarter kit on the Muscrat. I will then be able to run a 17X10 front wheel with 315 front rubber and 17X12 rear wheel with 335 rubber. Then on to the Vortech S- trim 12lb intercooled supercharger, need more HP to turn those big steam rollers out back.

The really big project will be the launch of my solar installation company this Jan.

Intelligent Energy

- cjbcpa - 11-07-2008

This was my first year in DE. Loved every minute, so my winter project(s) are:

- Seats and harnesses. Put the roll bar in right at the end of the season so that's out of the way already.

If anyone has a line on Sparco Evo's or Recaro Pole Positions at a decent price, I would appreciate a referral. The regular size seemed to fit me well.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a particular brand of harness?

Thanks,

CB

- bobt993 - 11-08-2008

Chris, 

Market timing.  There will be some really good deals on SFI & FIA certified harnesses.  Look for old stock from OG Racing and similar outfits.  Discounts range from 30 to 70%!   Old stock just means they lose one year on the expiration date, but at the cost savings well worth it.  Seats, same deal, measure the bucket dimension for your body type (you can try some seats at a club meeting or ask a member to sit in their car).   You need to sit in a car as the showroom seats do not tell the story of driver position.   Go with what fits snug like a pair of tacky 70's pair of leather pants.    Helmets are the same (if you need one), but try and get one with the Hans safety clips installed.  High quality helmets will retail for 600.00, but run 250 to 400.00 on sale.  Good luck with your projects. 

Eric, I will start on winter project to ready the car for VIR race in Feb.  Rebuild the diff with Guard clutch plates.  Drop the engine, inspect it fully and learn the internals of the top end with some guidance.  Remove secondary air, imobilizer, add front RS splitter, new fenders, pretty up the paint.  You get the idea.  May do an endurance race with the Rat Pack Team:  Larry, Tom D, and another racer TBD.

- George3 - 11-09-2008

My list is too long.........

Don't even know where to begin ......................................

- AMoore - 11-09-2008

cjbcpa wrote:
Quote:This was my first year in DE. Loved every minute, so my winter project(s) are:

- Seats and harnesses. Put the roll bar in right at the end of the season so that's out of the way already.

If anyone has a line on Sparco Evo's or Recaro Pole Positions at a decent price, I would appreciate a referral. The regular size seemed to fit me well.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a particular brand of harness?

Thanks,

CB

Chris,

I really like my Teamtech harnesses. They have padding in the pelvis and sternum, and an easy unlock dial. very comfortable and secure.

- dmano - 11-09-2008

M&R in NJ makes some really nice belts. We run them in all the Vintage cars and Barry just got a set for his Diasio. They are made in NJ not overseas. A nice old lady runs the company. I will be replacing mine in the Muscrat with M&R next season. A lot of Nascar boys are starting to use them as well as the ALMS boys.  

- catchacab - 11-09-2008

George3 wrote:
Quote:My list is too long.........

Dyson has one of the RS Spyders for sale.Big Grin

- George3 - 11-09-2008

catchacab wrote:
Quote:George3 wrote:
Quote:My list is too long.........

Dyson has one of the RS Spyders for sale.Big Grin

Tell him, he's too late. Cool