Riesentöter Forums
Sad or cool? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Sad or cool? (/showthread.php?tid=140)

Pages: 1 2

- STEVEMCMORN - 11-01-2006

Following wellard's footsteps, I was actually thinking of enhancing the visual aspects of my car by (i) getting the windows tinted and (ii) installing (?) 15mm spacers to flare the wheels out a bit more

Is this (i) SAD or (ii) COOL??

VOTE now......

(I'm pretty pleased I got the voting thing to work!)

- Wellardmac - 11-01-2006

I'll vote cool on the condition that you don't tint too much and flare your wheels too much - otherwise you're a ricer.

Tongue

- RallyJon - 11-02-2006

All things in moderation. Moderate tint is fine. Limo tint or anything reflective or metallic is tacky.

15mm spacers will totally screw up your scrub radius. On a late offset car, that will take you from negative scrub to positive. On any car, it will affect steering feel, stability under braking, etc. To the extent that bothers you, take it into consideration.

If you want to fill the wheel wells, get some wider wheels. Smile

- TwentySix - 11-02-2006

If you put those spacers in, make sure you remove them when you go autocrossing, it'll probably induce understeer by widening the rear track. 

- APXD 30 - 11-02-2006

I agree light tinting has a nice look to it, however, I've heard that some regions won't let you participate in DE unless a corner worker can see into your car from ____ amount of yards from you.

I think Kosce mentioned that.   You might want to ask him about it.

- RallyJon - 11-02-2006

You can go with a very light tint. My wife's Audi has 35% which is about as light as you can get and looks very factory. Click the S4 in my sig to see. It still helps a lot keeping the car cool on sunny summer days.

- Wellardmac - 11-03-2006

Sorry Steve, the suggested mods have been voted the weakest link. You are officially sad.

Don't dispair - as a consolation prize you'll be leaving today with a set of pumpkin side markers. Big Grin

- STEVEMCMORN - 11-08-2006

Final result :

6 votes - sad

2 votes - cool

I do hope Marty is not too upset that tinting is soo sad

.. but I'm still gonna git ah done - seems the old folks in the club just aren't in touch with the younger generation  

- Wellardmac - 11-08-2006

Well, there's that, plus I get the impression that the only culturally acceptable mods are ones that are designed to make the car perform better on the track.

I respectfully disagree.

Laissez-faire. Whatever rocks your world is cool with me dude. Smile

- Brian Minkin - 11-08-2006

Its your ride so do with it what makes you happy to spend time in it or looking at it.

PS:

I was one of the two disenting votes for Cool!  I like a car to have a unique personality.