Riesentöter Forums
April News From RTR Track Chair - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: April News From RTR Track Chair (/showthread.php?tid=1667)

Pages: 1 2

- Brian Minkin - 04-17-2009

April Driver’s Education Update[/b]

It’s that time of the year again…many of you are preparing your cars for the upcoming DE season.  If you are a DIY person like me, that means many late nights in the garage finishing those winter projects.  From my experience, it always takes about twice as long as you thought it would, and going well over budget is normal.

First up this year is Pocono’s North Course, May 15 – 17.[/b]  Friday May 15[suP]th[/suP] is for advanced drivers (white, black and red run groups) and we have plenty of room as of today, so please log onto www.rtr-pca.motorsportreg.com and sign up. 

May 16[suP]th[/suP] and 17[suP]th [/suP]will be a driving school. There is limited space left in the blue and green run groups, so if you were thinking about attending, please register.  Registration for this event is now open to non-RTR members. 

Registration for all DE events has been exclusively open to RTR members since March 15[suP]th[/suP].  As a result, there is limited space left in the green and blue run groups for most events.  Thanks for signing up early!  We have decided to open ALL of the events up to non-RTR members on May 1st, which is earlier than posted on the website and forum.[/i][/b]   

As many of you are aware, we successfully set up a deferred billing system with Motorsportreg, which allows you to register now and pay later.  Our intention was to bill your credit card 30 days prior to the track event; however, as it turns out, we will need to charge your credit card 60 days prior to the event.  Sorry for any confusion.  This is a new service for Motorsportreg and we are one of the first clubs to utilize the deferred billing option.  

I look forward to seeing you at the track.  Please contact me at track@rtr-pca.org with any questions.

Myles Diamond

RTR Track Chair

- KennyB - 04-19-2009

- MikeKling - 04-19-2009

Since I am new to this a couple questions.

1. When will I know that I am confirmed in the green group?

2. What is the best place to stay?  Does our club have an offically unoffical hotel that anyone can suggest?  I already called the NoTell Motel and they are booked Wink. I hate when that happens.

Mike Kling

Officially Unoffical Greenie

- George3 - 04-19-2009

Mike-

The Best Western and Blakslee Inn are popular with the RTR crowd.

- LouZ - 04-19-2009

MikeKling wrote:

1. When will I know that I am confirmed in the green group?

Mike Kling

Mike - if you are referring to Pocono, you should have received an email a few days ago . I don't believe that any of the other events have been confirmed.

- MikeKling - 04-20-2009

Yes, referring to Pocono.  Mike Andrews contacted me and is looking into my confirmation.

- MikeKling - 04-20-2009

Thanks I'll give them a call soon as I get my confirmation.

PS nice thunderbolts on the hood!!

- opus - 05-04-2009

Do the green group run along or together with other groups (green/white, green/blue, etc)?

- Bill Lehman - 05-04-2009

Green runs alone in the RTR program.  Green runs with Yellow during a Schattenbaum event.

- Mike Andrews - 05-04-2009

opus wrote:
Quote:Do the green group run along or together with other groups (green/white, green/blue, etc)?

Opus,

Green runs by itself, normally. As the weekend goes on and the field thins out we have in the past combined groups... but that's not the normal.