Riesentöter Forums
Der Gasser- Letter to Editor - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Der Gasser- Letter to Editor (/showthread.php?tid=1868)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- AMoore - 09-17-2009

If fear that this discussion has become a bigger problem than the problems addressed therein.   I realize that people want to vent, but lets not forget that this is a public forum.  The meeting would be a more appropriate venue.  I am as displeased as anyone with the conduct imputed to our former treasurer, but trashing him here serves no real benefit to the club or its members. 

Talk softly and carry a big stick!Cool

- TwentySix - 09-17-2009

Here is the way that Schattenbaum PCA does it, for instance they have a Watkins Glen 2 day DE coming up and prices go like this:

Instructed driver-PCA member  $295
                           Non-PCA        $315

Advanced driver-PCA                $265
                           Non-PCA        $295  

Instructor                                 $140

They also send their white group out first session, gives the red group some time to get ready.

- George3 - 09-17-2009

TwentySix wrote:
Quote:They also send their white group out first session, gives the red group some time to get ready.

... And, also to dry off the track if it's wet. Tongue

- catchacab - 09-18-2009

FYI,

I just registered for MAW.  $450 for three days is cheap for three days at Thunderbolt.  I recently registered for Delaware PCA two days at Thunderbolt for $400.

Hope all have a fun time at Pocono.  If it wasn't the Jewish High Holidays, I would be there.  I think, the same thing happened last year or was it the year before?

- Darren - 09-18-2009

I know Myles has been reading along and I know he's considering changing the pricing for next year.

I think actually all of the Execs have been reading along and listening to the comments/ideas, which is great.

- George3 - 09-18-2009

Darren wrote:
Quote:I think actually all of the Execs have been reading along and listening to the comments/ideas, which is great.

Yes. It's great.

- ccm911 - 09-18-2009

Am I the only one to see the irony of a bunch of Porsche driving folks quibbling over a couple of hundred bucks?

- dmano - 09-18-2009

How do you think they were able to buy a Porsche!

- emayer - 09-18-2009

Unless I'm missing something, I haven't seen much quibbling or negative feedback about INCREASING the fees for our DE events.  Compared to other clubs it's evident that our charges are below average.  In fact, most of us are promoting a reasonable increase to additionally incentivize the instructor corp.  The execs have indicated that they'll see what possibilities exist once the budgets are finalized.

I didn't know owning a Porsche made you immune to financial pressures however.....Tongue

- dmano - 09-18-2009

Some of you guys need to get a sense of humor. Life is way too short or in other words get a grip Big Grin