Riesentöter Forums
Riesentöter’s annual fundraiser dinner for Make-A-Wish at NJMP - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Riesentöter Charity (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Riesentöter’s annual fundraiser dinner for Make-A-Wish at NJMP (/showthread.php?tid=1935)

- Graham - 10-15-2009

Fellow members,

This Saturday (October 17th), is Riesentöter’s annual fundraiser dinner to raise money for Make-A-Wish at New Jersey Motorsport Park in Millville, NJ. The fundraiser will be held in conjunction with our 3-day driver's education event at the Thunderbolt race track.  

For those individuals not participating in the Driver’s Education (DE) event at Thunderbolt this weekend, all are invited to spend the day at the track as part of our "Drive and Dine" and "Taste of the Track" programs.  A group will be leaving from the Cracker Barrel in Plymouth Meeting (2095 Gallagher Rd Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462) at 9 am on Saturday (Please come at 8 am if you'd like to eat breakfast) and driving together to NJMP to arrive by 11 am.  There will be classroom instruction at 11 am, to learn all the basics of high performance driving.  At 12 pm all can participate in parade laps on the track in their own personal car.  For the rest of the afternoon everyone can enjoy the DE and track atmosphere and take a ride in an instructor's car on the track at high speed.  At 6 pm participants will attend the DE dinner and MAW auction as detailed below.  The price for this program including the dinner will be $50 and should be paid for via check when you get to the track.  If you have any questions about the Drive and Dine please contact Joe Asher at 215-669-6323.

Also on Saturday afternoon, there will be a 2010 Porsche Panamera at the track, Porsche's new four door sedan courtesy of Holbert's Porsche, Warrington, PA.  At this time, Holbert’s is allowing test RIDES & DRIVES on the track!!!  We will have a sign up sheet at the track.

The MAW fundraiser/dinner will be at the Officer's club at NJMP.  Tickets for the dinner can be purchased at the track on Friday or Saturday and are $50.  The event will start at 6 p.m. with a social hour, including a cash bar.  A buffet style dinner will begin at 7 pm.  The menu is as follows:

Soup du Jour                     
Baby field greens with arizona citrus vinaigrette                               
Linguini tossed with basil pesto roasted sweet peppers and feta cheese                              
Oven roasted turkey with walnut sage stuffing                 
Sliced london broil with three peppercorn cognac sauce                               
Country style green beans                          
Honey glazed carrots                     
Herb roasted potatoes                 
Bakers selection of freshly baked rolls, butter                   
Chef's selection of pastries                         
Freshly brewed coffee, decaffeinated coffee and tea  

The silent and live auctions, hosted by Kenny Nielsen, will be held during and after dinner.  The following are a list of the items which will be up for auction (this is not an all inclusive list and there may be more items as well):

1.  Helmet and Helmet bag donated by Bob Brooks of Easton Bell Sports
2.  David Donohue, professional racer of Brumos Racing - Personalized high performance driving lessons on Sunday October 18th (during all of the person's run sessions) donated by Michael Pechstein of Vintage Motorsports
3.  Kids pedal push Speedster donated by David Brant
4.  Wooden two story doll house donated by David Brant
5.  Set of 4 TOYO tires including mounting and balancing by CJ's tires
6.  Four $250 gift cards for service at Dougherty's
7.  Bertil Roos Racing School 1/2 day program at NJMP
8.  Clear Choice bras - 2 bras at 50% off
9.  FAB Speed - 1 set of mufflers
10. An oil change at Possum Hollow Motorsport
11.  Gift certificates at Knopf Automotive
12.  1 yearly service, 1 brake flush, 2 tech inspections at Holberts Porsche
13.  An off-season week at a beautiful ocean front property on Long Beach Island donated by Larry Bardfeld
14.  Two top brand cases of beer from DogFishHead Brewery
15.  Gift certificates at Penske Racing Shocks
16.  Four Hooded Sweatshirts and 4 Golf umbrellas donated by Asplundh Tree Expert
17.  A Guitar donated by Chris Martin of CF Martin & Co. Guitars
18.  Half off a detailing package at Clear Choice Detailing
19.  Piloti racing shoes donated by Jim Kittredge
20.  One 8" and two 6"  Porsche Support vehicle decals donated by Sunny Waters
21.  2 Loreal makeup baskets donated by Ken Nielsen
22.  Hats and other items signed by David Donohue and Hurley Haywood of Brumos Racing donated by Ken Nielsen

23.  Long Sleeve RTR t-shirts signed by Patrick Long donated by RTR
24.  A Bottle of 2001 Robert Mondavi "Reserve" Cabernet Sauvignon red wine, donated by George Busch

All winners of auction items should make out a check to Make-A-Wish.  All donations are fully tax deductible.  

We will also have a live band and a dance floor at the dinner to provide additional entertainment.  

We hope that everyone will consider joining us for this fun event to raise money for a great cause (http://www.wish.org/).  If anyone is unable to attend the event but still would like to donate, please send a check payable to Make-A-Wish to the following address (your donation will be tax deductible);

Allison Dollery
RTR Treasurer
1477 Shoemaker Rd
Abington, PA 19001

Thanks in advance for your generosity.  We look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

Joe Asher (V.P.), Allison Dollery (Treasurer), Rita Hancock and Graham Knight (President)

- Phokaioglaukos - 10-18-2009

Is there a total MAW contribution total now?

- dmano - 10-19-2009

We need a good accountant to add the totals up. Know of any?

- ADCooperS - 10-19-2009

We will announce the total amount raised at the membership meeting on Sunday.  There is a LOT to get through! 

Thanks to everyone who came out and participated and donated to make this event a success! 

- dmano - 10-20-2009

Sounds like you all had a nice time barring the weather.

- betegh9 - 10-24-2009

ADCooperS wrote:
Quote:We will announce the total amount raised at the membership meeting on Sunday. There is a LOT to get through!

Thanks to everyone who came out and participated and donated to make this event a success!

............... and I thank everyone for a great time, winning 2 door prizes and the 50/50. Confusedhock:Confusedhock: I'm still in shock, 3 of my 5 tickets were winners. Oh! And also, I love driving in the rain, it is a great exercise to drive smooooooooth.

- betegh9 - 10-24-2009

ADCooperS wrote:
Quote:We will announce the total amount raised at the membership meeting on Sunday. There is a LOT to get through!

............... and I thank everyone for a great time, winning 2 door prizes and the 50/50. Confusedhock:Confusedhock: I'm still in shock, 3 of my 5 tickets were winners. Oh! And also, I love driving in the rain, it is a great exercise to drive smooooooooth.

- ADCooperS - 10-29-2009

Hi All,

We raised just over $19,500 for Make-A-Wish at the dinner/auction at Thunderbolt.  We presented a big fake check to a rep from MAW at the membership meeting last Sunday..  The picture and a little info is up on the MAW website..

http://www.philadelphia.wish.org/

Thanks to everyone for your generosity... both with the donations of items and money and the bidding on items at the auction.

-A

- ninjabones - 10-30-2009

Thanks for all the work Allison. Will you be sending out vouchers to the auction winners so that we can present them to the respective vendors??? 

- ADCooperS - 10-30-2009

ninjabones wrote:
Quote:Thanks for all the work Allison. Will you be sending out vouchers to the auction winners so that we can present them to the respective vendors???

Hi Glen,

Almost everyone has their vouchers because they either picked them up at the event or I mailed them out. For the few people that still don't have them (I believe you were one of the ones on my list, but I will check tonight at home), it is because the company hadn't physically mailed them to us. We are checking with the respective vendors to find out if they'd just like the names of those who won, or if they plan to send us certificates for us to provide to the individuals who won. I am trying to get this done quickly as I want to wrap up everything with the event and move on! I'll get back to you as soon as I hear.