Riesentöter Forums
This guy gives your club a bad name - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Riesentöter PCA Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: This guy gives your club a bad name (/showthread.php?tid=1984)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- ccm911 - 12-02-2009

Hey, this was all in fun.  And when you think about it, haven't we all seen idiots doing idiotic things in just about every brand of car out there?

And as for the "Porcupine" comment, all I can say is it is really pathetic that folks feel such resentment when they see a nice car.  Maybe if they realized that most of the drivers are far from rich, and actually just enjoy driving their P-Cars, they would feel better about things. 

- dmano - 12-02-2009

I have one question.

Mr Allen what kind of vehicle do you drive, you forgot to mention that in your post?

I don't drive a Porsche ,I drive an Expedition and drive it just as bad as Mr. P driver does on occasion.

So why don't you start your own forum on stupid drivers. Maybe you can sell advertising and make a load of money then you could buy a P car and get the warm fuzzy feeling that you get when you get behind the wheel and just want to let loose. If you have never driven a real performance car you will never know. Judging by your comments you never have, too bad, as you don't know what you are missing in your life.

- Budman - 12-02-2009

To JAllen0385: Please just go back to your pathetic little life. Your holier than thou opinion has no value here and I for one couldn't possibly care less about what you think of me and my fellow Porsche owners.

- AMoore - 12-02-2009

JAllen0385 wrote:
Quote:After being disappointed by your posts, I took the liberty of further perusing your website. There I found your bylaws. Have any of you read them?

“The primary purposes of the Riesentoter Region, Porsche Club of America, Inc. are to promote greater automobile safety in and around the community . . . .�?

And: “To maintain the highest standards of courtesy and safety on and off the road.�?

And finally: “. . . and to enhance the public image of sports car and Porsche car enthusiasts in general.�?
Um . . . this really concerns me. If there is one thing I hate more than obnoxious drivers, its people who don't follow the PCA by-laws. You know what this means . . . Time to look into changing our by-laws again.

- Porshagod - 12-02-2009

Budman wrote:
Quote:To JAllen0385: Please just go back to your pathetic little life. Your holier than thou opinion has no value here and I for one couldn't possibly care less about what you think of me and my fellow Porsche owners.
[Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif][Image: 41.gif]

- LouZ - 12-02-2009

I have to admit, I agree that this kind of driving on the public roads is somewhat improper.

But there,s always a "HOWEVER". I'm sure that our +/-1350 RTR members could cite a story of improper driving by someone and post it on one of the 15 billion website forums comprising every known car brand, social, political, fraternal, religious, age, gender, height, weight and eye color organization in the world.

I'm just glad to see that there are still law-abiding citizens that watch out for all of us. I'm sure that our OP has never gone over the posted speed limit, "beat" that Yellow light, and (my pet peeve) always has his headlights on when his wipers are on!

BTW - I'm guilty of 2 of the 3, myself!Wink

- dmano - 12-02-2009

Time to close the topic. Has no pupose here. He has time to read the bylaws! Time to get a life if you ask me. This is a waste of my time along I'm sure with others as well.

- CarreraS - 12-02-2009

JAllen0385 wrote:
Quote:Frankly, I am somewhat disappointed by the near total lack of condemnation.

Madam and/or Sir:

This is OUR club...a club that we joined to enjoy a great car and meet some great people. If you thought for one second that your post and photo would result in "condemnation", you came to the wrong place. Since you are so familiar with our by-laws you should have recognized that there are: NO SINS, NO CONFESSION and NO PENANCE.

None of us are perfect...we're just doing the best that we can. Sorry to disappoint you.

Now, either join the club and pay the dues that support our forum or go away. But, seriously, your original post was 11/10 and now you happened to come back to check on the forum on 12/1.....dude, you need a hobby.

- larrybard - 12-02-2009

Sorry, but I can't join in the flaming.  This thread sure has gotten out of hand -- but I hardly think it's so clearly the original poster's entire fault.  It wouldn't hurt rereading the post that started all of this.  He basically thought that someone who was obviously a member of RTR was driving like a jerk, and said so.  Most of the replies started out somewhat good-natured, but rapidly deteriorated from there.

I may be alone in this, but personally am not offended by anyone's criticism that a member was spotted driving like a jerk.  The fact that I, and probably every other member, is guilty of the same offense, to some degree, from time to time, hardly justifies the flaming.  Just MHO.

- Phokaioglaukos - 12-02-2009

There is clearly more about the OP than he says, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that. His detailed information about the Club makes this all the more amusing. I think it's hilarious.