Riesentöter Forums
This guy gives your club a bad name - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Riesentöter PCA Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: This guy gives your club a bad name (/showthread.php?tid=1984)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- APXD 30 - 12-02-2009

JAllen0385 wrote:
Quote:As the original poster of this photo, I thought it was about time to return to the forum to read the responses....................
Then a simple Google led me to your website and this forum. So after reading everyone’s posts, please indulge me for one minute as I get on my soapbox.
You choose to drive an automobile that screams “look at me.�?............ No, I am not a member of your club, nor any other car club. I am neither jealous of your cars nor do I drive a minivan....................
Quote:the community can’t bring itself to even criticize one of its own for actions reinforcing that stereotype.

..............After being disappointed by your posts, I took the liberty of further perusing your website. There I found your bylaws................................................

............Yes, maybe I do need a life. As do all of you. So now I’ll drive off in my nondescript automobile, hoping not to witness any more near-tragedies.

APXD 30 wrote:
I just read the extent of this post again. The time investment alone for the web search and creation of a user ID makes me think....this guy gives the whiny b*%^! / player haters' club a bad name and either has too much time on his hands or a frigid wife.

Okay, I might have been a little off or harsh. Let's say that you're single and not driving a Pontiac Aztec.

Do you really expect us to believe that you started this entire photo/Google search/registration/post/follow-up excercise without 1) having anything better to do with your time and/or 2) have a chip on your shoulder? C'mon.

If this post was in fact part of a hazing exercise for entry into the whiny b_t_h player-haters club that's fine and all is forgiven. Have nice life. But don't expect us to turn on a friend. That's not what clubs are about.

- bobt993 - 12-02-2009

If you put gas on a fire, it will continue to burn....................................... just ignore and let the thread go away.  Should the poster be interested in some sort of productive outcome it will require a sincere conversation at a club meeting off the web.

- larrybard - 12-02-2009

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Hey, this was all in fun. And when you think about it, haven't we all seen idiots doing idiotic things in just about every brand of car out there?

You're absolutely right. How many times are we just driving along minding our own business, when some dick pulls right in front of us?

- dmano - 12-03-2009

Larry has the last word on this thread. "Perfect just perfect"

- Mike Andrews - 12-03-2009

You know, when I saw this thread start I wanted to reply but felt it would look like sour grapes given the timing.  But at this stage of the game I want to reply.

Assuming what the OP stated is accurate, and I see no reason not to believe it as Graham has elected not to dispute the allegation and on the contrary has asked that the picture of him be removed, I think Graham has done something wrong.  Do we all do silly things out on the roads?  Probably, I know I do.  I don’t come to complete stops at every stop sign, I sometimes go faster than the posted speed limit and so on.  And I suspect most of you reading this break the law in some form or fashion when you’re out for a drive.  But I think the OP hit the nail on the head…..  Graham’s action (and sometimes ours) doesn’t paint a favorable picture of the club.  And as the President of the Region he should be held to a higher standard.

Back to the OP’s first post, it’s actions like cutting across traffic that give Porsche (you can substitute any make here) owners a bad name…..  Just like the guys in the rolling speakers that thump so hard at traffic lights, and motorcyclist driving like mad men without helmets (insert your favorite analogy here) tarnish each of their cultures.  However, it’s the actions of you that criticize Jallen0385 for bringing this to light that give RTR a bad name.

- AMoore - 12-03-2009

Here we go again...........Confusedhock:  I, for one, really enjoyed the whole cloak and dagger aspect of this string.  Not sure it was necessary to identify, or attempt to identify the alleged offender. 

To the extent anyone is concerned about how we, as a club, appear in the eyes of others, attacking a fellow member, by name, on a public forum, certainly is not good for our appearance.  I, for one, think the preceding post should be removed or edited.

- Phokaioglaukos - 12-03-2009

dmano wrote:
Quote:Larry has the last word on this thread. "Perfect just perfect"
I'm with David.

- catchacab - 12-03-2009

APXD 30 wrote:
Quote:APXD 30 wrote:
But don't expect us to turn on a friend. That's not what clubs are about.
Has anyone spoken with Mankowski lately?

- APXD 30 - 12-03-2009

catchacab wrote:
[/quote]
Has anyone spoken with Mankowski lately?[/quote]

No. I haven't called Bernie Madoff either in case you were wondering.

I agree that this thread has outlived its purpose & could be closed by a moderator.

- ccm911 - 12-04-2009

catchacab wrote:
But don't expect us to turn on a friend. That's not what clubs are about.
Has anyone spoken with Mankowski lately?

Now come on. How could you even compare the two?

As the english would say, "it's like comparing chalk to cheese".

One offender was nabbed for his youthful exuberance, the other for purposes I wish not to discuss.