Riesentöter Forums
This guy gives your club a bad name - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Riesentöter PCA Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: This guy gives your club a bad name (/showthread.php?tid=1984)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- emayer - 11-18-2009

This thread is hilarious!  Kudos to all the contributors, it made my day.  Big Grin

Having done my share of idiotic driving, I'll throw a short story into the mix:

In high school one night I was racing my Chevy S-10 against a friend's VW GTI.  This should've been a clean kill for the guy, but in typical fashion I didn't let up.  Anyway, we came alongside a ritzy golf course and I made a B-line across it to try and get ahead further down the road.  Unbeknown to me, my buddy saw what I was doing and tried to make the same move.  He got stuck in the sand trap, I didn't.  I found out about it in the paper the next day.....

- LouZ - 11-18-2009

OK, since this turned into "True Confessions", here's mine:

As a lot of you know, I "commute" the 100 miles to the Pocono DE's each day. On one particular Sunday morning, I was on my way up the turnpike at 5:30 AM and found the road particularly empty. My right foot got a little tired and somehow pushed the go pedal to the floor on the stretch between Rt 209 and the Rt 80 exit.

The little guy was still accelerating as I "allegedly" finally let up at 31 MPH over 2 times the speed limit (I'll let you do the math).

- APXD 30 - 11-18-2009

All right, I've been watching and waiting but I'll confess too.   By 18 I had been caught misbehaving enough that I had been ordered to traffic school.    Here are some favorites:

Before I-78 and Rt. 33 were linked, there was a 1 mile stretch of paved road "to no where" that ended at a gravel road conveniently close to my home.   To access this road, one had to take the ramp to 33 North from Rt 22 and turn left (that's right).

I had done this so many times it had become second nature.    One afternoon I made my move (essentially driving backwards where on coming traffic would be if the road were open) and drove up on a cop taking his break in a deserted area...rut roh!

There happen to be a phone booth in the middle of the unopened highway (don't know why).   I got out my car and headed for the phone.   When the trooper asked why I was there, I said I was looking for a phone.   Caught but no points for this G-rated story.

- APXD 30 - 11-18-2009

What the heck, one more:

My friend and I were "run for the border" to Taco Bell one night in my '85 300ZX.   There was a particular sweeping corner that I liked.    No other cars were around so I was moving on what was then a backroad.    I had no clue but a local cop driving a Bronco was headed in the other direction and, after the corner, did a u-turn to track me done (I swear I never saw the lights).   Imagine the stopping distance and 0-60 times of a Bronco.

Anyway, about 3 miles away another cop was waiting for me with his cruiser parked in my lane (i.e. road block).   To make matters worse (my hide) that officer was a Navy reserve buddy of my father's.    No hiding that one from my parents.   That was also the one that required my attending traffic school to reduce the points.

- APXD 30 - 11-18-2009

JAllen0385 wrote:
Quote:Last Thursday morning, just before 8:30, this guy was driving south on Route 611 in Hatboro/Horsham, before turning right onto Maple Avenue (the short street between the Sunoco and the Wawa.)

He made a perfect 90-degree turn -- FROM THE LEFT LANE OF TRAFFIC !

Two minutes earlier he had pulled up to the red light @ Street Road. There was an industrial tow truck in the right lane, pulling a large postal truck, so this guy got into the left lane behind three other cars, thinking he could beat the truck in a tenth of a mile or less.

When the light changed, the tow truck pulled out faster than expected, and the three cars in the left lane pulled out slower than expected. Rather than falling back and pulling in behind the tow truck, he kept trying to beat it. When he finally made his move he was barely in front of and perpendicular to, the multi-ton tow truck. It's a shame he wasn't T-boned.

I was four cars behind the tow truck, and ended up directly behind this guy on Kansas Road (where I took this pic) so his moronic stunt didn't even save him any time.

I'm not sure what you have to do to qualify for this license plate, but after witnessing this jerk, it certainly doesn't impress me.
I just read the extent of this post again. The time investment alone for the web search and creation of a user ID makes me think....this guy gives the whiny b*%^! / player haters' club a bad name and either has too much time on his hands or a frigid wife.

- LouZ - 11-18-2009

APXD 30 wrote:
Quote:My friend and I were "run for the border" to Taco Bell one night in my '85 300ZX.

Josh

The police and courts would totally understand and dismiss any "run for the bathroom" after a visit to Taco Bell!

- bobt993 - 11-18-2009

Jeff Haas has you all beat.  He got pulled over 3 times by the same trooper for speeding on the same road in the same place.    I think it all happened in one week when he was a young driver.   Ask Jeff for the outcome he had me  ROFLMAO.

- LouZ - 11-19-2009

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:Jeff Haas has you all beat. He got pulled over 3 times by the same trooper for speeding on the same road in the same place. I think it all happened in one week when he was a young driver. Ask Jeff for the outcome he had me ROFLMAO.
??? Even Pavlov's dog was trainable!

- AMoore - 11-19-2009

I enjoy reading everyone's stories.  Here is another.

A fellow RTR member and I were caravanning up to Watkins Glen.  North of 80, we were consistently doing about 130 mph, sometimes faster.  We passed a White 964 driven by someone we did not know.  He proceeded to catch up to us and join us on our hi-speed jaunt to the Glen.   We probably averaged over 100 mph for this trip. Interestingly, we passed a number of RTR trailers.  No doubt each was wishing they could get their car off their trailer and join us.  Sometimes the rush we get at the track just isn't enough. 

Not saying its smart, just saying its fun.

- Porshagod - 11-19-2009

My Front Street story-

It was a Friday night in the summer of '76, several friends and I went over to Front St. in S. Philly from Haddonfield, NJ to "flex our car muscles". A friend and I were in my diamond blue '57 Chevy that had a worked 396 ci/550 HP, M22 "Rock Crusher" tranny and a 12-bolt Posi w/5:13 gears. I had just discovered that afternoon that I had a broken RR leaf spring, but decided to go to Front St. that night anyway just to "watch".  

My friends somehow convinced me that, having had the fastest car (11.22 @ 118 mph) among my friends at the time, it was up to me to "represent" our group. After watching for a while, and after much peer pressure, I somehow found myself in line to race. I finally get to the front of the line and I'm ready to go. I'm in the right lane. Oh, did I mention that my car was a "sleeper"? From all outside appearances, with the exception of the "cheater" slicks, my car appeared to be stock, down to the mufflers and steel wheels with hubcaps. After opening the exhaust cutouts and a few quick blips of the throttle at the starting line, the "jig was up". The starter waved through the car that was originally next to me, and the car behind him, until an orange '70 Hemi Cuda with black "billboard" stripes pulls up next to me. Someone from the crowd gathered at the starting line leans into my window and informs me that Cuda boy has never lost a race.

The starter points to me, I nod, then points to the other guy, he nods. The starter raises both arms, waits, then drops them. At his first twitch, I dump the clutch at 4000 rpm. 1st gear my wheels are spinning, hit 2nd gear, still spinning. Luckily the guy next to me was smoking the tires worse. As I hit 3rd, my car suddenly "hooked up" big time. As it did, I started to fishtail wildly, due to my broken leaf spring that until that moment had forgotten about. If I had not been in the lead at that moment by a car length and 6 inches, I would have taken us both out! With my balls being bigger that my brain at the time, I kept my foot in it. Luckily, the car straightened out, Cuda boy next to me backed out of it for a second, and on I went to victory!

After turning around, I slowly headed back to the starting line to bask in my glory as the new "King" of Front St. It was at that moment Phila's Finest decided to spoil my coronation. Flashing lights, sirens, cop cars from every direction. Everyone started to scatter, so we decided it was time to head back over the Walt Whitman bridge to the safety of Jersey. It had turned out to be a good night, no tickets, I didn't need a tow home, and I won!

Still to this day, if I'm back in my hometown and run into one of my old buddies, the first words out of their mouths after "hello" are, "Hey, remember that night at Front Street?..."  Ah, i
t's good to be the King!