Riesentöter Forums
Is two greater than one - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Riesentöter PCA Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Is two greater than one (/showthread.php?tid=2000)

Pages: 1 2

- catchacab - 11-04-2009

Last week, I met up with one of my friends who lives in Chester County.  He owns a Porsche, and belongs to RTR, but does not participate in DE or AX.  He has also been a member for many years.  He told me that he makes every effort to attend RTR events that take place in his area.  He proceeded to explain that he finds it difficult to attend events that are far away from his home and work.   We spoke about the diverse nature of the membership not only in interests in Porsche related activities, but also geographically. 

The question that he brought up, was with our region being so geographically large, would it be beneficial to split RTR into two smaller regions?  The two new regions can work together on larger activities such as AX and DE, but would have separate social activities.  He felt that a smaller regions would attract more of the membership in each area to become more active, as there would be more events in their general area.

So the question:  Is two greater than one? 

- Darren - 11-04-2009

Way to add a judgement into an option Smile  Leave it alone, I have no idea how you'd split it geographically -- the parts that are seemingly far away have to have less people.

I'm pretty sure if this person wanted more social events in his area that he could volunteer to organise them Smile

No it's not perfect.

- pgcays - 11-04-2009

As another RTR member in the Chesco area, I agree that some of the events are quite far, but I know that the club tries to move events around the covered area to allow everyone to have an event or meeting reasonably close by. While I wouldn't be able to attend a midweek meeting in Allentown or upper Bucks county, etc. I would drive that far for a weekend event (and have).

You are, however, overlooking one of the plusses of being "on the edge" of the covered area: being able to pick and choose events that are RTR sponsored plus those of neighboring regions. I look at it this way, I have more events to pick from! As a PCA member, you can go to events in any region that you choose.

I know that we're talking Chesco area here, but how about some of our other "on the edgers" in other parts of the region? I'm sure people have done events with neighboring regions such as mid PA, Jersey, Pocono, as well as Delaware.

- STEVEMCMORN - 11-04-2009

Does size matter??

- Brian Minkin - 11-04-2009

I think size does matter.  Our region is able to have a top notch DE program, AX program and many other driving events each year.  We publish a valued publication that our members enjoy reading to keep up with club activities.  Smaller regions are not able to offer their members a menu of events like we now offer.  Their news letters are nothing note worthy.  They are primarily a social club and theirs members have to reach out to other larger regions to be involved in driving events. Some like Delaware are able to put on one DE a year but depend on drivers and instructors from other regions to make the event successful.  So yes in the PCA sense "Size Does Matter".

- APXD 30 - 11-04-2009

I live north of "center" of the region yet I try my best to make it to event wherever they are located.    Honestly, there are times when I miss social functions with people in my same town....if work or competing events get in the way, and there aren't enough hours in the day, would you really make it to a neighbors house for dinner?   I missed Knopf's Panamera/E550/A4 Cab launch b/c a college buddy was in town for business a couple of weeks ago.    I missed dinner at Bear Creek with RTRs b/c my in-laws insisted to take me out to dinner for my birthday.   Life happens and you can't do everything so try to balance what you can.

I think we're fine as we are and see know reason to mess with 52 years of success.    Just my $.02.

- betegh9 - 11-04-2009

If you want it bad enough, you make the effort to go to whatever activity you want to do with PCA. For instance, I travel to NNJ, 1.5 hrs., to compete in AX where the competition is tight with many entrants.......... and , yes, for just 8 minutes of seat time.
I vote for one region............ Oh! Maybe we can invade Central Penn Region and take over by way of a COUP and integrate it into our RTR.Confusedhock:TongueTongue.......... and make our region larger.

- Darren - 11-04-2009

Nick time to give up Autox Smile  Did you see the Miata for sale in the clasifieds?

- asher681 - 11-04-2009

Eric, In 2009 I moved the monthly meetings clockwise around the region to "hit" as many members as possible.  Member meetings are generally on the last Wednesdays of the month, (per the by-laws) I recall many discussions on the forum reference moving the voting meeting to Bear Creek on a SUNDAY ....  Fortunately It worked, attendance was over 130, great for a meeting & best of all everyone enjoyed their day at the resort. 

The question that I have is should we schedule more meetings on the weekends to increase attendance....  Joe Asher, Riesentoter VP 

P.S. locations/suggestions for 2010 meeting locations or topics are welcomed

- betegh9 - 11-05-2009

asher681 wrote:
Quote: Eric, In 2009 I moved the monthly meetings clockwise around the region to "hit" as many members as possible. Member meetings are generally on the last Wednesdays of the month, (per the by-laws) I recall many discussions on the forum reference moving the voting meeting to Bear Creek on a SUNDAY .... Fortunately It worked, attendance was over 130, great for a meeting & best of all everyone enjoyed their day at the resort.

The question that I have is should we schedule more meetings on the weekends to increase attendance.... Joe Asher, Riesentoter VP

P.S. locations/suggestions for 2010 meeting locations or topics are welcomed

YES! Meetings on weekends would probably bring larger attendance.............CHANGE THE BYLAWS.