Riesentöter Forums
Migrant AXers. - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Migrant AXers. (/showthread.php?tid=234)

Pages: 1 2 3

- betegh9 - 01-10-2007

To any and all 1300 Riesentoter members:
I like to know who, by name, is willing to wake up on any given Sunday morning at 6:30 am and drive 1.5 hours to compete at other Porsche Clubs AX events. Schedules would be posted weeks, if not, months in advance, so conflicts in schedule should be a minimum.
Many clubs are well organized, and drivers get 8 runs in a day event. Well worth the trip.:dude:

You can e-mail me directly (betegh9@yahoo.com) or post the information requested directly on this thread. I will try to compile the LARGE? list of individuals, and share it with ALL involved.
THIS poll is only posted till the 15th of March, giving enough time to anounce this at the monthly club meetings for those individuals that do not use the web:? Hey! Can the editor post this in the monthly newsletter??Confusedhock: Maybe?

- Wellardmac - 01-10-2007

I cannot commit to every event, but I'm interested.

- STEVEMCMORN - 01-11-2007

Hi Nick

Great that you are so interested in moving this forward. We are working on a few things behind the scenes in relation to autoX for RTR in 2007 including an  informal 'autox roadshow' where those who are interested in having fun or being ultra competitive attend atleast one local event per month.

We are holding off posting our ideas until all the i's are dotted and all the t's are crossed in order to avoid miscommunication and mass confusion. When everything comes together, we will make an announcement on the forum and at future meetings about the many plans we have

Give us a couple of weeks to work out the details or, if you want to get more involved, give me a pm and we can discuss in more detail

Cheers

Steve 

- Wellardmac - 01-13-2007

Well, I spent a fair amount of last season watching the events that Southern NJ, Central PA and Hershey regions were holding. I have all of their calendars listed in my browser bookmarks.

Unfortunately, my travel schedule prevented me from attending any of them, but I'll try and fit some of them in when I can this year... hershey has a great parking lot, so I can imagine that being a lot of fun... plus it has the benefit of a nice drive to get there... even though it would require an early start.

- Brian Minkin - 01-13-2007

The events Nick is referring to is the NNJR events at Giant's Stadium.  The Hershey region events I have attended although long where just a huge race course of gates, almost like a road course. Not very challenging but very fast.  I have managed to drag a cone thru their entire course.Tongue  No it did not survive. Big Grin

- betegh9 - 01-13-2007

Even though Central Pa region has a great lot at Hershey Park, It is only available when the park is not busy. That means early spring and late Fall.

And because of low turnout, they have 2 classes: R rated tires and street tires.
My analysis: bad use of a great lot. They have tried to have an AX the next day after the Swap meet, but even that has changed to buying and selling over the internet via e-bay.

- Larry Herman - 01-14-2007

I have a very busy schedule, but if it fits into my calendar, I would be willing to go to Giants Stadium or Hershey with the Boxster and run an autocross.

- STEVEMCMORN - 01-14-2007

FYI....... I am in touch with Central PA (ie Herschey) PCA and monitoring NNJR, SNJR and Philly SCCA websites for their schedules.

Central have 5 events this year and NNJR have posted provisional dates but not venues yet.  When we have sorted out our dates, and everyone else has posted their dates... we will x-ref these against DE schedule to create an RTR autox roadshow of planned events

....... Patience young grasshoppers .... all will be revealed soon!

- betegh9 - 01-15-2007

Steve,
Most would be AXers from RTR do not like the 3 and out high strung pace of SCCA events, and classing for Porsches are not to what we are used to.

Look more closely at NNJR PCA (no dates posted yet), Northeast Motorsports, and Chesepeak PCA region.Cool

- Wellardmac - 01-15-2007

Gotta admit that I wasn't happy withj just 3 runs... only just getting warmed up at that point.