Riesentöter Forums
The Official VIR Zone 2 Thread - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: The Official VIR Zone 2 Thread (/showthread.php?tid=242)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- Tony356993 - 02-17-2007

It because it's VIR.

The "zone" has little to do with it for me except it grants access. NNJR runs VIR but it is always the same w/e as our final yearly de @ Summit.

- Tony356993 - 02-17-2007

A firend with a front end loader just de-iced my driveway and yard and pulled my trailer to a paved area. If all goes well with the car we will be ready.

- Marty Kocse - 02-17-2007

Don't worry about me too much boys and girls...  I'll be out there testing out the harnesss and new sticky tires, so I'll still have fun.  Thanks for the support.

- Mark Fox - 02-17-2007

Smile It's all about the track.

- Mark Fox - 02-17-2007

Marty,

You may find your better off.  The last two VIR events I have attended have resulted in private mandatory meetings for black group.  I was bumped to white in the fall since 1/2 the black field were instructors and the others were long time Black.  But I found tons of open track all three days and had a great time.

- pnolan - 02-17-2007

Marty Kocse wrote:
Quote:Did you see? They have me in BLUE (solo). I'm a little worked up right now because I was one of the first people to sign up for the event and they stick me in Blue. I'm not too happy about it.

Marty- don't want to start a war since we're sharing a house together at VIR, but chances are pretty good you won't be the top car in the blue group at VIR so you're unhappiness might be premature. Look for the grey C4S with an instructor on board coming up behind you on the track in the blue group. My limited perspective so far on RTR run group assignments is it has more to do with length of time with RTR at events than driving ability. I'll eat my words and buy you a beer if, and when you smoke me at VIR.

Pat

- Brian Minkin - 02-17-2007

pnolan wrote:
Quote:My limited perspective so far on RTR run group assignments is it has more to do with length of time with RTR at events than driving ability. I'll eat my words and buy you a beer if, and when you smoke me at VIR.

Pat

Pat,

The criteria for run group assignments in RTR is not all about being fast. It is being fast enough to run in that group but more importantly its about being safe, track aware, smooth, consistent and demonstrate excellent car control and recovery skills. A lot of the skills required for high speed driving come from seat time. You can be fast in a straight line..all that requires is HP. But carrying speed through the corners, braking properly, dealing with fast traffic, close passing and being able to react to a situation that arises suddenly are skills that require some practice and that is why length of time is also a factor in being promoted to the solo groups.

- Marty Kocse - 02-17-2007

pnolan wrote:
Quote:Marty Kocse wrote:
Quote:Did you see? They have me in BLUE (solo). I'm a little worked up right now because I was one of the first people to sign up for the event and they stick me in Blue. I'm not too happy about it.

Marty- don't want to start a war since we're sharing a house together at VIR, but chances are pretty good you won't be the top car in the blue group at VIR so you're unhappiness might be premature. Look for the grey C4S with an instructor on board coming up behind you on the track in the blue group. My limited perspective so far on RTR run group assignments is it has more to do with length of time with RTR at events than driving ability. I'll eat my words and buy you a beer if, and when you smoke me at VIR.

Pat
Cheers and thanks for the free beer!!!

- Tony356993 - 02-18-2007

Quote:My limited perspective so far on RTR run group assignments is it has more to do with length of time with RTR at events than driving ability.  I'll eat my words and buy you a beer if, and when you smoke me at VIR. 

Pat

Whoa Pat - talking trash. I think your key word is "limited" Wink

Run groups @ RTR are very conservative. They are easily 1.5 groups below other regions speed/skill levels. A black in RTR could easily run with Red in Potomac, NNJR, Zone1, Schattenbaum, Metro NY, etc. Same hold true for an RTR blue (that has been signed off a bunch of times with RTR) driver would have no problem in white in most regions.

Marty is pretty fast and VERY safe. He's had excellent instruction. Smile

Pat  - pony up. Car specs: year, suspension, stock chip, tires, harnesses?

Yeah! Free Beer! Wink

- smankow - 02-18-2007

Brian, you need to lighten up a bit.  It's obvious that Pat is throwing down a gauntlet with his premature trash talking.  I think that he'd have trouble smoking GG let alone the Red Baron.

Now, who's job is it to make certain that they stage together?  I'm loaning Marty my video camera so that should provide proof.

I think that the potential better battle would be Paul in his 924 (yeah, right) against GG in the GB.

Steve