Riesentöter Forums
The Official VIR Zone 2 Thread - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: The Official VIR Zone 2 Thread (/showthread.php?tid=242)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- Marty Kocse - 02-19-2007

Looks like we're all excited about the upcoming season and starting off the year right with some trash talking...

Just got this back from Rebecca:

there are 25% less cars in blue than in white and we'll separate out solo from instructed on the false grid so that solo drivers get out on the track first and once about 1/3 around the track we'll release the instructed students.

- Tony356993 - 02-19-2007

Quote:there are 25% less cars in blue than in white and we'll separate out solo from instructed on the false grid so that solo drivers get out on the track first and once about 1/3 around the track we'll release the instructed students.

Good idea  -  we will see if they can pull it off.

pnolan wrote:
Quote:Just trying to stir up a little rivalry and looking forward to VIR. I'll happily buy the beer.
I knew that's what you were doing, and it worked - again, all in fun. And I've watched you in Blue and the truth is, you're pretty quick. So, I better watch what I say. Let's see if my past experience with VIR and my head start out the gate are enough to keep me out in front of you. I'm anxiously awaiting the first test of seats, harnesses, and sticky tires. That stuff, plus my experience at VIR should make me a little better than last year.

As far as running in Blue goes, I didn't take the time to refresh my memory on who is in Blue from RTR (and would be going to VIR) and thought I would mainly be running without any RTR bretheren. Now that I look I see that we'll have: David Bond, Ian Curtis, Tom Kennedy, me, Doug Moore, you Pat, and even Mike van Kralingen (from last year). I know I'll have fun out there.

- pnolan - 02-19-2007

Lots of competitive cars/drivers.  Glad to know my challenge taken in the spirit it was issued.  I figure by the end of the first day, beginning of the second day I'll have the line down and know what's coming next around the track to begin to pick up a little speed.

I know from Summit Point in November that David Bond and I were fairly evenly matched and we were looking forward to doing some more laps together when a bee flew into his helmet going into Turn 2 which proved to be a little bit of a distraction.

- smankow - 02-19-2007

pnolan wrote:
Quote:I know from Summit Point in November that David Bond and I were fairly evenly matched and we were looking forward to doing some more laps together when a bee flew into his helmet going into Turn 2 which proved to be a little bit of a distraction.
a bee???????? that's a good one Big Grin

- Brian Minkin - 02-19-2007

smankow wrote:
Quote:a bee???????? that's a good one Big Grin
I will have to remember that excuse for being slow. Gound Hogs ripping the front off the car didn't work.Big Grin

- bobt993 - 02-19-2007

Marty, 

I actually think that's a bad idea.  They grid and run out the group as a whole, with solo's in front.  1/3 of the way around, 2mins later, your going to be on the tail end of students warming up. 

- Brian Minkin - 02-19-2007

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:Marty,

I actually think that's a bad idea. They grid and run out the group as a whole, with solo's in front. 1/3 of the way around, 2mins later, your going to be on the tail end of students warming up.
I agree with Bob on this, but starting before them or after them you are still going to have to work through traffic several times each session.

- Tony356993 - 02-19-2007

By the time (2 minutes) you get around to the slower cars, they will have had a chance to sort out a bit and picking them off one at a time should not be too bad.

If you let them (slow-tentative folks) go 1st, they WILL train the first lap and it will take 2 more laps to sort out. Just MHO.

Both of you make good points.  That's what VIR told me how they will handle it.  As long as we're actually driving and not just talking about it, I'll be fine and I know, working through traffic is just part of the game.