Riesentöter Forums
The Official VIR Zone 2 Thread - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: The Official VIR Zone 2 Thread (/showthread.php?tid=242)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- Wellardmac - 03-16-2007

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:Buckets of Rain for 8+ hours today!!!!

I hope Sat & Sun are better.

Sorry to hear that you were rained out.

Hey, you should be here right now... no snow, just an icestorm... I'd take snow anyday. Sad

- Al996 - 03-17-2007

Tony,

I was really down about not being there; until I read your post.

- Sechsgang - 03-17-2007

its pretty great today!

The track is a bit cold...but speed is still pretty easy to be found...

lots of fun!

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-19-2007

Still sorry I missed it. Summit Point in a couple of weeks with Schattenbaum. At least it's 85 F and sunny here, and the water is warm.

- APXD 30 - 03-19-2007

Great long weekend at VIR including a new track, St. Patty's Day, 12H Sebring, and F1 season kick off.   There were even a few GT3 cup cars that turned up for the Zone 2 event.

I wish it wasn't such a haul to get there.   I'm dragging at work today.

- Tony356993 - 03-19-2007

Saturday and Sunday were cold but the track was very good. I had a great time with the RTR gang. I'll post some pics in another thread when I get time to upload.

Zone 2 ran a very nice event and VIR is something special.

I even kept up with Bob and Tom..........for a turn or two anyway.

- Tony356993 - 03-19-2007

Quote:There were even a few GT3 cup cars that turned up for the Zone 2 event.
Some needed a wrecker to get off of the track though. Confusedhock:

- Wellardmac - 03-19-2007

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:There were even a few GT3 cup cars that turned up for the Zone 2 event.
Some needed a wrecker to get off of the track though. Confusedhock:

..now that's sad to hear of such a nice car having such an undignified exit. Sad

- Brian Minkin - 03-19-2007

As Tony said it was a great event even with Friday being a wash out.  I got towed off the track Saturday (fortunately at the end of the day) but was able to repair the broken throttle cable and get back out there Sunday.  Had a great time with everyone from RTR who attended.  We are an outstanding region and all our members helping each other when problems occur highlights what great members we have.  Pics will be posted soon.

- Mark Fox - 03-20-2007

Confusedhock:Heads up for Speed channel at 2:00 on Saturday for the Homestead Race at Miami. The blue cup car they were setting up will be competing.  How smoking fast was that thing?  

I watched what little tape I have from in car last night.  At one part, I am at the tower on the front straight (granted I am really slow) and it was coming out of the pits almost into T-1, by the time I got out of T-1 it was thru T-3, by the time I was out of T-6 it was entering the climbing s'es. Another time I gave it a point by out of T-6, he must have been doing 130 plus  thru the climbing S'es and no tap needed for T-10.  WOW