Riesentöter Forums
Pocono weekend - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Pocono weekend (/showthread.php?tid=2892)

Pages: 1 2 3

- betegh9 - 09-18-2011

Those of you that did not sign up for the Pocono weekend, you should be sorry. The drivinbg was very fast, we had a record taste of the track students and the weather cooperated. The raceway is on a mountain plateau, so the weather is never what the forcasters predict. anyways, you learn lot more dryving in the rain if you are concerned about it.
thanks to the chief instructors coordinating all the students with the instructors, Miles for his pure dedication, Brian and Terry for the "Taste of the track" success (even though I did not win the tires)and the fun AX runs that wore me out.
Oh! The pig roast was really good, specially the scraps of fatty crunchy ears, feet and skin. Tom Dyamant and I fought for the chice pieces, but I passed on the eyeballs. Maybe Graham would have taken them if he knew about it. A Portugese member took the head home for next day snack.Confusedhock:

- CarreraS - 09-19-2011

It was a GREAT weekend!!  If you weren't there, you missed the following:

1.       Basically OPEN track all day on Friday, with a chance to put over 300 track miles on your car….over 500 miles for the full weekend.  I went through two and a half TANKS of gas just on Friday!

2.       We did a NASCAR rolling race start and ran the full tri-oval on the last session of Friday.

3.       Over the weekend, we ran four different configurations:

IMSA with chicane

IMSA without chicane

Double-infield

Tri-Oval

4.       Pig roast was tasty and the club even supplied some beer Tongue

5.       Weather was cold in the AM, comfortable in PM and gorgeous on Sunday PM

6.       NO RAIN!!  MORE IMPORTANTLY...NO FOG!!

7.     Myles, Paul, Jim, all the tech guys, Rick, Steve, all of the instructors, the Taste folks, the autocross folks, Marty and Adam....everyone did their typical fantastic job! 

8.    Summit here we come! 

- Marty Kocse - 09-19-2011

Everyone,

What a great time we all had this weekend! Let me just quickly say thanks to everyone who helped make the event possible.

Enjoy the NASCAR style double file start when we ran the tri-oval on Friday from Adam's 2nd row perspective. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH2ioWx1S5A
(go to 2:40 if you want to skip the pace lap)

- Jimbeau - 09-19-2011

I'd have to say this was one of the best weekends I've ever had even though it was crazy hectic and I didn't get to socialize near as much as I would have liked.  David mentioned a few names but there's no possible way the region could have pulled this off without lots of extra help.

The Pocono Region guys rolled their sleeves up and helped Brian and Terry run the autocross, several new folks stepped up and helped at pit out, and I don't even know who all pitched in with tech on Saturday morning when suddenly everyone showed up at the same time, but thanks to Jeff and Eric Haas, D Mano, Joe A & son, and numerous others we got it done.  Several of our instructors came as "instruct only" once again showing their commitment to our program, and we could go on and on.  It was a strong team effort to make it all work.

Thanks to all for pitching in!

- KennyB - 09-19-2011

Damn!  Looks like a great weekend.  Too bad I couldn't make it.  Maybe next year?

- Brian Minkin - 09-19-2011

Positively the best weekend I have ever spent at Pocono (and I have spent many weekends there). The variety of track configurations and the Autocross course gave everyone a fun filled and challenging event. 42 newbies experienced our DE program in Taste Of The Track and the Pocono Region raised over $800 for their charity. This is a must do event if you missed it.

- ninjabones - 09-22-2011

KennyB wrote:
Quote:Damn! Looks like a great weekend. Too bad I couldn't make it. Maybe next year?

Sorry I missed it as well. Sounds like everyone had a grand old time.

Kenny, I saw in interesting new entry on the Summit Point club race roster. Good on ya! We'll see you next weeekend.

- dmano - 09-22-2011

What was the top speed of the weekend? Who had it?

- Jimbeau - 09-22-2011

Pocono clocked the 2 C6 Z06s at 171 on the Tri-oval.  Kenny N was in that same ballpark if not faster.

- Marty Kocse - 09-22-2011

Jimbeau wrote:
Quote:Pocono clocked the 2 C6 Z06s at 171 on the Tri-oval. Kenny N was in that same ballpark if not faster.

According to Kenny, it was the fastest he had ever gone in his car, 185MPH!!!