Riesentöter Forums
2012 Autocross Schedule - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: 2012 Autocross Schedule (/showthread.php?tid=2906)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- arena - 02-13-2012

Date - LOCATION - Organizer & Event

April 22 - HERSHEY PARK - Central PA PCA Hershey swap meet

May 6 - WARMINSTER COMMUNITY PARK - Philly SCCA

June 10 - HERSHEY PARK - Central PA PCA

July 15 - WARMINSTER COMMUNITY PARK - Philly SCCA

August 19 - Lancaster County Corvette Club

[b]September 16th - POCONO RACEWAY - RIESENTOTER

September 23 - HERSHEY- Central PCA Porsche & Corvette Challenge

October 14th - WARMINSTER COMMUNITY PARK- Philly SCCA

NOTE:  To compete in the Riesentoter AX championship, you will not need to make ALL of these events!  We are going to take the results from each driver's best 5 performances.

- arena - 02-14-2012

No suggestions?

- csmith74 - 02-14-2012

Not to be a pain in the tailpipe, but aren't you forgetting the Reisentoter Planes & Porsche's event in Reading?  That's always good for a car wash. Big Grin

Also, don't forget our loyal sponsor's picnic & drive at Specialty Cars in Allentown, which is usually in July.  I'm sure he'd be flexible with the date if we work out the details early enough.

- trevornaidoo - 02-14-2012

The Delaware event is a good small, low key event.  I noticed that the Bluemountain SCCA has a few events on their roster. I am not a fan of the Citizensbank Park event, just too large, too many cars - not a fun day.  Porsches and Planes has been my favorite event.

- arena - 02-14-2012

csmith74 wrote:
Quote:Not to be a pain in the tailpipe, but aren't you forgetting the Reisentoter Planes & Porsche's event in Reading? That's always good for a car wash. Big Grin

Also, don't forget our loyal sponsor's picnic & drive at Specialty Cars in Allentown, which is usually in July. I'm sure he'd be flexible with the date if we work out the details early enough.

Not a pain at all- We will absolutely do Planes and Porsches - I just need to get with the organizers.

I don't have a relationship with Specialty cars yet, but I will look into that too.

Thanks for the input!

- arena - 02-14-2012

trevornaidoo wrote:
Quote:The Delaware event is a good small, low key event. I noticed that the Bluemountain SCCA has a few events on their roster. I am not a fan of the Citizensbank Park event, just too large, too many cars - not a fun day. Porsches and Planes has been my favorite event.

We had some mixed feelings about that one. On one hand, everyone thought that the course was really good because its so big, but there were some concerns about it being too crowded.

I'm not sure there is much else going on in July, but I will look into an alternative.

- Vytenis - 02-14-2012

Citizen's Bank Park can be a great long course, but the last two (2) years we've gone, it has been a very hot and very long day.

I hope to bring a newcomer, my son John, to the sport.  We'll try to get out to as many events as we can.

Reallly enjoyed the Pocono course last year.

"V"

- Craigs*84 - 02-14-2012

The Lancaster County Corvette Club is having an autocross August 19 same date as Citizens Bank Park.

http://www.lcccpa.com/calendar/calendar.php?op=cal&month=8&year=2012&catview=0

The Corvette Club event is relaxed, much smaller, cheeper and you get more runs.

Mark and I went last year and had a blast. The course wrapped around the whole building insted of just using the front parking lot.

It's allso cool to watch a big motor big tire Corvette bully it's way around the course. Alot different than all the awd turbo cars in the SCCA

- CarreraSupercharged - 02-15-2012

I agree with Craig and what others have said, not a big fan of the long and hot day, although I did enjoy the long and fast Phillycross.

I also second the Lancaster Vette club as well as the Blue Montain SCCA which will hold their run on the outlet parking lot,.. great place.

Jon can you elaborate on what the format will be this coming season. Are we continuing the spraed sheet and PPF format as previous years or do you have a different system such as that of the Central PCA system,...?

- arena - 02-16-2012

Craigs*84 wrote:
Quote:The Lancaster County Corvette Club is having an autocross August 19 same date as Citizens Bank Park.

http://www.lcccpa.com/calendar/calendar.php?op=cal&month=8&year=2012&catview=0

The Corvette Club event is relaxed, much smaller, cheeper and you get more runs.

Mark and I went last year and had a blast. The course wrapped around the whole building insted of just using the front parking lot.

It's allso cool to watch a big motor big tire Corvette bully it's way around the course. Alot different than all the awd turbo cars in the SCCA

Thats a good alternative. Anyone else think we should do that event instead of the SCCA one in Philly?