Riesentöter Forums
Indy Porsche Shops near Phoenixville - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Indy Porsche Shops near Phoenixville (/showthread.php?tid=2919)

Pages: 1 2

- 6GT3 - 12-31-2012

Hello all,

I'm in the process of purchasing a Porsche and I'm interested in your opinion on where to have it serviced. I'm coming from BMW and had my M3 serviced at Bavarian Specialities in KOP.

Dougherty Porsche in West Chester seems like a good choice but I'm open to other options.

Thanks,

Mike

- LouZ - 12-31-2012

Possum Hollow is in Phoenixville, there is also Performance Auto in Malvern. Both big supporters of the club.

.....and welcome! Show us a picture of your new ride.

- rhargy - 01-01-2013

I've used Possum Hollow for several years now and Bill Boys has always treated me right so no complaints. He used to be the head mechanic for Rosen before he went out on his own and he's got a wealth of knowledge about the quirks of each model.

- Ccns23 - 01-01-2013

Huge fan of Bill and the guys at Possum Hollow. Highly recommend going there for your services.

- 6GT3 - 01-01-2013

Thanks for the info guys. Look like I should at least visit Possum Hallow. It's closer than the other shops anyway.

I'll post some pictures after I pick the car up this weekend!

Anyone have any experience with Dougherty?

- Brian Minkin - 01-01-2013

Dougherty's is very good with all models of Porsche and is considered one of the better race shops along with being a big supporter of the local club. The shop always has many club members cars in its stable.

- ccm911 - 01-02-2013

Since you said Phoenixville, the only choice for you would be Possum Hollow. As mentioned in prior posts, Bill was a tech at Rosen's prior to opening his business. And as an added bonus, you get to see a bunch of race cars at the shop in front of Possum Hollow as you enter. I think they build road cars and rally cars.

- the_vetman - 01-03-2013

..... And someone had to ask.......

I live near Possum Hollow.  I've been there numerous times with my cars.  I won't be going back....  I'm sure there are many happy customers as posted above.  I can only speak about my own personal experience, but I've finally had it now after many issues.

In all fairness, Bill, Tom, and Gary are all very nice guys and very easy to interact with.  And Bill enlightened me about different nuances of dealership service which were quite interesting.

FYI, Bill pretty much never does hands-on stuff anymore.

I'll most likely be going to Performance Automotive in Malvern from now on based on recommendations by a fellow RTRer.  No relations whatsoever to Performance Auto.

Just my 2 cents.

- 6GT3 - 01-05-2013

Thanks for the info guys...positive and negative experiences.

I'm picking up the car today...here's a quick pic.

- Jack Ruse - 01-07-2013

Nice looking car. Do you have any DE plans? I'm very bias but the real fun starts with a GT3 when you get it on the track.

I'm a big fan of both Bill Boys and Bill Dougherty. I live much closer to Bill Boys so he gets somewhat more of my business that Dougherty. Both are great advisors and are generous with their time and knowledge.