Riesentöter Forums
Is there a track you will NOT drive with RTR? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Is there a track you will NOT drive with RTR? (/showthread.php?tid=378)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-26-2007

This year I'm trying to concentrate on Summit Point (big track) and Watkins Glen, but I'll drive one event at Shenandoah Circuit. I like the Riesentöter events the most, but I am not a fan of Jefferson Circuit or Pocono south course or even Pocono north course.

In 2008 I hope to drive Thunderbolt, VIR and maybe a Canadian track. (Hey, I can dream!)

- Tony356993 - 03-26-2007

We all love them all Chris. Wink

- smankow - 03-26-2007

I'm not a big fan of Shenandoah and I'm not really longing to drive JC.  The only draw for Pocono is that it's close.

I'd like to see some other tracks worked into the RTR line up like Lime Rock, Mid Ohio, VIR, a 2nd Glen trip.  Yes, we can dream.

Steve

- jakp993 - 03-26-2007

Been away for the past 10 days and am catching up on the forum.

Interesting results of this poll so far.  Shenandoah is ranked 1st as the track folks will NOT drive with us.

I hope there's no correlation to the fact that it's the most technical and challenging track we drive - after all this IS driver's education Big Grin

FWIW - Shenandoah is my favorite track!

Wondering why others don't see it that way.  Do tell...

Jack

- LouZ - 03-27-2007

I tried to vote for NONE - but it wouldn't let me!

Each track has something going for it. I'd be shocked if anyone lists the Glen!The intent for me is to hone my skills (what little they may be)

A bad day on the track, yes even Pocono and JC, is better than no track time. And besides, we are with our RTR friends, and possibly a couple of our "Forum" enemies!Wink 

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-27-2007

I, too, am surprised at the negative reaction to Shenandoah. Maybe because it was the first track I drove in a car, but it's one of my favorites. Tight and technical, but there is a ton to learn there.

JC is just too small, though, and Pocono? At least it's close.

- bobt993 - 03-27-2007

Jack, 

I think you need more numbers for the poll to be accurate.  I like Shenandoah, but it is not a race track per say.  Could you imagine a club race on that track? CArnage city, no room to pass.  In order of rank for our tracks:  Glen, Summit Main,Shenandoah, Pocono N/S, Jefferson.  This take into account distance, fun factor, car wear.  I would like to see two events at Thunderbolt and another Glen or Summit event or even Beaver Run?

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-27-2007

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:I think you need more numbers for the poll to be accurate.

Absolutely right! What's with this crew? There have have been 89 views and only 6 votes? Even allowing for multiple views by those who have already voted, that seems out of whack.

Shenandoah really seems like a training track to me, but it's a good one.

- catchacab - 03-27-2007

MORE EVENTS AT THE GLEN

MID OHIO, AND BEVERUN WOULD BE NICE TOO.

- jakp993 - 03-27-2007

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:Jack,

I think you need more numbers for the poll to be accurate. I like Shenandoah, but it is not a race track per say. Could you imagine a club race on that track? CArnage city, no room to pass. In order of rank for our tracks: Glen, Summit Main,Shenandoah, Pocono N/S, Jefferson. This take into account distance, fun factor, car wear. I would like to see two events at Thunderbolt and another Glen or Summit event or even Beaver Run?

Yeah, a club race @ Shenandoah would be ugly!

I like it cause it's technical, it rewards being silky smooth more than the other tracks we drive, and it forces you read the track as the conventional line is dead wrong on many of its corners. And who can't get a kick out of getting airborne Smile But that's me.

I know some of our instructors dislike instructing @ Shenandoah cause it induces motion sickness.

Personally, I think each of the tracks we run has it's merits and issues and finding the best way to drive and enjoy each of them is part of the learning experience.

That being said, I love learning a new track. Maybe that's why I like Shenandoah so much. We were one of the first groups to drive at Shenandoah. Bill Scott invited a few of us down to try it out. We ran several different configurations, in both directions, before settling in on the config we use. That's was a blast. Nobody had any previous experience on the track so you really did have to read it vs. ask someone to explain the best line.