Riesentöter Forums
Mark your Calendar! Summer Run: July 28th 2007 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Touring (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Mark your Calendar! Summer Run: July 28th 2007 (/showthread.php?tid=385)

Pages: 1 2

- Wellardmac - 04-14-2007

The Spring Fling went so well today that I'm thinking of adding another date in July - any thoughts or requests? Hopefully the weather will not cause trouble for us like it did this weekend.

I'm thinking Saturday July 28th, with a rain date of July 29th. Those dates do not appear to interfere with anything else on the calendar.

Let me know your thoughts now so that I can take them into consideration as we put this thing together.

Thanks!

- Curt P - 04-16-2007

The 28th is good for me.  I would be willing to help
organize or scout the route if you would like.
I like the idea of a coal country tour.  My guess
is real quite roads,  maybe some more high speed spots.
But the covered bridges would be fun also.

Curt

- Wellardmac - 04-16-2007

As you said, coal country came to mind, as the roads are great, but very quiet... I was up there one time and thought that there were some nice twisties and hill climbs that might be nice to use for play.

As for the offer of help - I'll gladly take that.

Looks like the bridges will be the first up to bat, so I'll pull the locations of them all and let's see if we can paly connect the dots.

- Wellardmac - 04-16-2007

Curt P wrote:
Quote:The 28th is good for me. I would be willing to help
organize or scout the route if you would like.
I like the idea of a coal country tour. My guess
is real quite roads, maybe some more high speed spots.
But the covered bridges would be fun also.

Curt

BTW, there's a certain pediatrician with a pampered atlas colored C4S that says his car could kick the butt of your on these drives... if only he could work up hte courage to get it out of the garage. Big GrinTongueWink

- Curt P - 04-17-2007

Yes I know about him.  I am not sure he even
knows how to drive that 996 yet. His tires will
probably fall apart and dry up before he wears
them out.
Curt

- Wellardmac - 04-17-2007

I tend to agree with you... he pampers his C4S more than any other Porsche owner I've met. I can't wait to finally meet this mythical car. Smile

- Phil G. - 04-18-2007

I'd probably join you on the summer drive, but my damn tires are rotted out and my car's stuck to the floor of the garage. Sad Just think, by the time I hit 20K miles, I should be over 120 years old!! Confusedhock: 

You think I'm nuts, you should meet my brother in CT -he's got a '67 Ferrari 330GTC coupe, unrestored with 9K original miles. I learned it all from him.

Phil

- Wellardmac - 04-18-2007

Good to see you Phil - I was starting to wonder where you were!

we don't think you're nuts - we just wish you'd come out and play more! We missed you this weekend - several people asked about you.... they even asked if we could arrange the next one on a date when you could make it. Smile

- Phil G. - 04-18-2007

Thanks for thinking of me - I couldn't make it since I was on call. Unfortuntely, that's happening pretty often on weekends, but I'll do my best to show up for at least some events.

- Wellardmac - 04-18-2007

Well, as you see from the traffic here I'm going to try to arrange a few more drives - hopefully we'll catch one of your free weekends - I'd love to see the car in person at some point. Check to see if you can make the July date, as that's going to happen, as is the November date. I'll try and slot others in there as time allows.