Riesentöter Forums
BMC autocross and rally season 2015 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: BMC autocross and rally season 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=3910)

BMC autocross and rally season 2015 - Duke W - 03-11-2015

Preregistration is OPEN for all 6 Brandywine Motorsport Club autocross events! Please visit www.motorsportreg.com and search for "BMC". The schedule is also posted here and at our club website -www.brandywinemotorsportclub.org.

4/11 - Autocross I @ Glasgow HS, Newark/Glasgow DE
5/16 - Autocross II @ Glasgow HS, Newark/Glasgow DE
6/28 - Autocross III w/ Mini Meet East @ Glasgow HS, Newark/Glasgow DE
7/25 - Autocross IV @ Glasgow HS, Newark/Glasgow DE
8/15 - Autocross V @ Glasgow HS, Newark/Glasgow DE

9/12 - Autocross VI @ Glasgow HS, Newark/Glasgow DE (Option A)
- OR -
9/19 - Autocross VI @ Dover Speedway, Dover DE (Option B)

All autocrosses will be at Glasgow High School in Delaware, unless noted otherwise. There is an option for hosting the season finale at Dover Speedway, but this will depend on the preregistration numbers and expected turnout. This event is a major expense to the club, and represents a substantial (albeit expected) loss that must be subsidized by our other events, and our expenses are higher this year due to increased insurance costs and investment in a registration and scoring system.

I have opened non-binding preregistration for 2 different versions of the Lofland Cup finale event: 9/12 at Glasgow HS *OR* 9/19 at Dover Speedway. I'm hoping to secure enough preregistrations for the Dover version that I can convince the rest of the club committee to approve the expense.

This year we are also trying something new to promote our TSD road rallies - making them FREE! If you have never rallied with us before, the normal $10/car entry fee is waived. The rally schedule is also posted at the BMC website, and preregistration is open for these events as well!

Thanks, all, and we hope to see you at one of our 2015 events!

RE: BMC autocross and rally season 2015 - Duke W - 05-18-2015

It was good to see Stephane Roy at our event on Saturday. I hope he had a good time. We'd like to see more of you guys when you get the opportunity.

RE: BMC autocross and rally season 2015 - CarreraSupercharged - 05-18-2015

(05-18-2015, 11:21 AM)Duke W Wrote: It was good to see Stephane Roy at our event on Saturday. I hope he had a good time. We'd like to see more of you guys when you get the opportunity.

Thanks Duke, I have to say I was very happy with the course and the organizer of the event. I enjoyed meeting with regular SCCA folks and some locals as well.

I was very impress with the registration procedure, very fast and tech guys come to you rather than making a bee line to a central spot. I have to say I left before my heat was done driving, since it was already pass 1600, but was curious to see if I placed a better time than the other two Porsche present.

The only, draw back for me, was the unnecessary and inefficient shift changes. The way BMC operates is all run groups makes their first three runs, along with worker changes and re-gridding in between each heat, then do it all over again for another three run for each heat.

They also, start much later than other clubs, which can be a positive for late sleeper, but also end later than other clubs. Again, my preference is to start very early, when it's still cool in the morning rather than standing out in the sun in the peak of the heat.

Overall a very great Site, and BMC put out a great event. And for only $30 for six run, it cant be beat. This was a lot of fun.

Better view of the course, just a tad smaller than the Manheim Auto lot of the LCCC.

If you get there early enough, you can secure a spot under the canopy, and away from the beating sum,...Cool

RE: BMC autocross and rally season 2015 - Duke W - 05-22-2015

Hi, Stephane, and thanks for the kind words.

This was only our second event with the new scoring system (scoring was previously done by hand, transcribing the electronic timer results onto a big sheet) so there were some technical delays. We were also a little short handed under the tent which led to a little more downtime than usual between run groups.

We run a morning and afternoon heat because our attendance varies, or at least used to. We would give 3 runs for all 3 run groups in the morning heat, then clock how long it took for everyone to get 3 runs. Then if we were moving quickly we could give 4 runs to each group in the afternoon heat. Plus it means not having to spend so long at a corner station without a break.

We'd be glad to see more of everybody. Our schedule is up on www.motorsportreg.com and all events are open for preregistration. Thanks again for the good word.

RE: BMC autocross and rally season 2015 - Duke W - 06-17-2015

Hello, ladies and gentlemen: we're less than 2 weeks away from BMC Autocross III / RTR #5, on Sunday 28 June, at Glasgow High School near Newark, DE.

Although we don't take online payments, we do have online preregistration at MSR. Here's the event page: http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/bmc-autocross-iii-with-mini-meet-east-glasgow-high-school-brandywine-509625

Preregistration is non-binding (you don't pay until you show up), but we strongly encourage it as it speeds the check-in process on site. So please step over to MSR and sign up soon! Thanks.

RE: BMC autocross and rally season 2015 - Duke W - 08-05-2015

Hey, RTR folks: I just wanted to update you about BMC's remaining events.

We have Autocross V coming up at Glasgow High School on 8/15. And then:

Autocross VI - Season Finale at **Dover Speedway** on 9/12 (rain date 9/13)! Since we've had mediocre luck with fall weather the past 2 years, we've opted for a September date. BMC returns to Dover International Speedway's big southside lots! This event is also our Lofland Memorial Cup event, with the driver posting the Fastest Time of the Day getting their name engraved on our large silver trophy memorializing a long-time BMC member and sports car enthusiast.

Also, our 3rd road rally of the season in on Sunday, 27 September at 12:00pm starting from the Newark Park-n-Ride near I-95 and 896 (about 2 miles north of Glasgow HS). If you haven't rallied with us before, entry is free!

Details for all are available at www.motorsportreg.com . We hope to see you folks again.