Riesentöter Forums
Autocross Challenge Cup: Race # 3 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race # 3 (/showthread.php?tid=4272)

Autocross Challenge Cup: Race # 3 - NumeroUnoPA - 05-06-2017

Cool Wink Big Grin

Hershey and the Meadowlands are in the books and we had great turnout for both races.

Huh Dover was a washout. Sad

We are on to Warminster. This is now race #3 in the cup series.

This is the closest race, so there are no excuses.

Philly SCCA Warminster Registration

CheersCheersCheersCheersCheers

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race # 3 - NumeroUnoPA - 05-11-2017

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Weather has forced BMC to postpone the Dover race on Saturday.

Warminster will become Race #3.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race # 3 - NumeroUnoPA - 05-16-2017

Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel

Maggie and I will be thinking about you from Alaska.

Since we were the only ones registered for Dover, we are petitioning for first and second place points.

Crazy Crazy Crazy CrazyCrazy

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race # 3 - Alan Kirby - 05-20-2017

Hi I met a few of you at the first Autocross at MetLife Stadium earlier this year. (I was driving my new-to-me silver 996 C4S). I'm planning to attend Race #3 in Warminster on June 4 and I hope to see you all there. I've got a couple newbie questions that perhaps someone can answer:

1. The registration fee for the upcoming Warminster event is $50 for SCCA members and $60 for non-members. Is there a PCA member discount for this event? Or do I simply sign up as a non-member (I'm not a SCCA member)?

2. Do you know if loaner helmets are provided?

3. I would like to buy my own helmet. I've found while buying helmets in the past (e.g. Bike helmets) that getting one that fits the particular shape and size of my head is important. Does anyone know of a local shop that carries auto race helmets that I could visit? (I'm located in upper Bucks but am willing to travel). Any other helmet buying advice would be appreciated- brands, features, etc.

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race # 3 - 7491132 - 05-20-2017

Alan
For number 2 - I've driven in Warminster a number of times over last few years - my experience is they always had a good supply of loaner helmets. Check their website to confirm... should be fine.

Number 3 - same dilemma was faced. It's a drive but I think Stable Energies in NJ has a good supply in house available to try and find correct fit. Maybe give them a call first to confirm what's available. I ended up getting mine with a WTB post here on the RTR classifieds.

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race # 3 - 981 S - 05-21-2017

Hey Alan,

You can sign up as an SCCA non member, no PCA discounts available. Philly SCCA usually has a good supply of loaner helmets, like Shawn said. As far as helmets go, I ended up buying mine on-line. If you buy one on-line, make sure you can return it if it doesn't fit.

See you in Warminster Banana

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race # 3 - DonE2014 - 05-22-2017

I purchased a new helmet this year from Racingdirect.com. They offer free shipping and they also picked up the shipping for the return (needed a larger size). A pleasure to work with.