Riesentöter Forums
More Glen Questions - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: More Glen Questions (/showthread.php?tid=605)

Pages: 1 2

- JeffConklin - 06-04-2007

I've got my first Glen event coming up with the Schattenbaum region next week. I've got a couple of quick questions. 

1) Can I buy fuel at the track

2) Do they have concession service or am I brown bagging it

3) Can you generally drop off trailers the night before?  For this event it would be Sunday night

Thanks

Jeff

- catchacab - 06-04-2007

There are a few gas stations within a 5 to 10 minute drive from the track that are more reasonably priced (Mobil and Sunoco).  At most events at the glen the gas pumps will be open for a few hours each day.

They do have a concession service, but it is dependant upon the hosting club to have it opened.  There are places by the gas stations where you can buy lunch

Trailer drop off depends on if the hosting club has asked for it.  I don't think it is available for this Sunday.

See you on Monday

-Eric

- smankow - 06-04-2007

1. yes, but it's expensive.  I'd fill up before going to the track[/*]
  2. you'll probably have to bag it or drive to Mr. Chicken[/*]
  3. it varies by event.  Check with Shattenbaum
[/*]

if you're trailering, why not just buy a few 5 gallon fuel jugs (around $20 each).  This way you can keep the car at the track and not overpay for track gas.  I'm sure that you can get them at Dougherty's.  If you're going to the 50th party, I can bring a few of mine for you to use.

Steve

- Mark Fox - 06-04-2007

Quote:and not overpay for track gas. 
But Steve, it burns sooooooo goood.   But seriously on a hot day it does. Big Grin

- smankow - 06-05-2007

but you have a turbo and they're a different animal

- Mark Fox - 06-05-2007

Currently I'm only an NA.

- smankow - 06-05-2007

but that's because you "killed" the turbo  Big Grin

- Mark Fox - 06-05-2007

SmileJust heard, We got turbo ba ack, We got turbo ba ack, We got turbo ba ack! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

There was a broken bolt on the exhaust pipe on the turbo which must have been enough of a leak to prevent spool up.  Dam that T-5 and T-6 at Summit.  Bad news is I broke my ankle on Friday (my skate got locked in the ice and I twisted my ankle akwardly) and may be out for the Zone event. Confusedhock:

- Tony356993 - 06-05-2007

Your wife should have made you retire from the ice like mine did. Maybe Sharon was right. Confusedhock: 

- Mark Fox - 06-05-2007

Was just a freak accident.  As I fell back my blade got caught in the ice with my foot rotated externaly and inverted inward. The problem was the blade stuck in the ice and my foot ended up too close to my body putting excess strain on the lateral ankle. Hence  R, distal angulated fibular fx.  Good news it doesn't hurt with internal rotation and inversion (blip position)

Funny thing is I stood on it all day at work yesterday and didn't find out it was broken until 6:00 pm. I am planning on healing quickly. Cool