Riesentöter Forums
Summit Point in August - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Summit Point in August (/showthread.php?tid=655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- Tony356993 - 09-01-2007

Quote:Shattenbaum and Niagara (I will take pics of our RTR guys that aren't in my run group).
I'll be there for both of these events also. I may have to run the TT out for one more run of the glen.  Confusedhock:

- Brian Minkin - 09-01-2007

I was looking at the calendar today and thinking maybe I should squeeze in a mid week event at Limerock (especially since its future is unkown).  Needed to fill my habit between the Glen in early October and Summit in November.  Then I reviewed the requirments for BMW CCA at Limerock and the big noise limit warning jumped out at me.  Oh well.  Not going to modify the exhaust for one day a Limerock.

- JIMK - 09-01-2007

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote: Then I reviewed the requirments for BMW CCA at Limerock and the big noise limit warning jumped out at me. Oh well. Not going to modify the exhaust for one day a Limerock.
Ok I don't have a BMW is that a requirement to drive w/ BMWCCA?

- TwentySix - 09-01-2007

JIMK wrote:
Quote:Ok I don't have a BMW is that a requirement to drive w/ BMWCCA?
You don't need a BMW, but I think you have to become a member of the BMW club to run with them....

- Darren - 09-01-2007

You just have to be a "BMW Entusiast" to join -- you can join online, www.bmwcca.org

- Phokaioglaukos - 09-01-2007

I've been a BMW CCA member since I joined PCA. Unlike PCA you do NOT need a BMW. I've found the local chapter (Delaware Valley) to be very Porsche friendly. Mike Dion, the chief instructor, drives a Porsche. The Genesee Valley chapter, with it's home track at the Glen, is a great group with which to drive. Our cars are VERY capable in these groups. I moved to the top group in each (Green for Del Valley and A for GVC) a full year before I moved to Black in Riesentöter, and I'm a slow guy in our Black!

- Darren - 09-01-2007

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:I've been a BMW CCA member since I joined PCA. Unlike PCA you do NOT need a BMW. I've found the local chapter (Delaware Valley) to be very Porsche friendly. Mike Dion, the chief instructor, drives a Porsche. The Genesee Valley chapter, with it's home track at the Glen, is a great group with which to drive. Our cars are VERY capable in these groups. I moved to the top group in each (Green for Del Valley and A for GVC) a full year before I moved to Black in Riesentöter, and I'm a slow guy in our Black!

I'll start a new thread Smile

- catchacab - 09-03-2007

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:I've been a BMW CCA member since I joined PCA. Unlike PCA you do NOT need a BMW. I've found the local chapter (Delaware Valley) to be very Porsche friendly. Mike Dion, the chief instructor, drives a Porsche. The Genesee Valley chapter, with it's home track at the Glen, is a great group with which to drive.

My first on track experience was in Mike Dion's car, at a GVC DE at the Glen. I had a 3 pt on, feet pushed into the foot well, holding the door handle. Hoosiers squealing around every turn, he was a foot off of my friends bumper more times then not. I felt like a lottery ball in a hopper. I was hooked by the first time we went through the bus stop.

Thanks Mike!

- Brian Minkin - 09-03-2007

At the last summit event the deer caution flags came out a lot on the main straight.  I have been toying with the idea of using 5th gear on the main straight as I am sure I can gain 20 or more mph if I use fifth.  However because of the deer the additional speed I would gain makes scanning for deer more difficult so I have refrained from traveling more then 130 on the main straight. How do you feel about my deer phobia and the speed of the main straight?  

- Phokaioglaukos - 09-04-2007

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:How do you feel about my deer phobia and the speed of the main straight?
Deer are much bigger than groundhogs, and you have some experience in that department. That said, I was at the MAARS SCCA races at SP this past weekend. No one was slowing on the straight out of wildlife concern. Only the Miatas managed to trade paint, and more, regularly. The drivers of the open wheel cars were quite courteous.