Riesentöter Forums
It's the small things in life... - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: It's the small things in life... (/showthread.php?tid=858)

- Wellardmac - 03-10-2008

Je suis à Bruxelles et je suis très fatigué

Today is my only day of free time in a week of business meetings... and characteristic of Brussels it has rained all day... cats and dogs. Regardless, I walked my ass off.

It's funny how the small things in life can make or break a day. I spent most of the morning touring AutoWorld - an auto museum just outside the city - an incredible collection of around 400 cars (yeah, I'll post photos when I get home) and the sad thing was that out of all those cars there was only one Porsche (a rather sad looking 1970 912) and one Ferrari (a 250). That was a bummer... although they had an awesome collection of Bugettis a nice looking Formula 1 Jordan Honda.

The highlight of the day occurred on my walk back into the city... I was walking down a fairly bland side street when I hear the familiar growl of a Porsche. I look to my left and see a beautiful seal grey 996 Turbo at the other side of the street pulling in along side a black debadged 997 C2. The sight of two nice looking cars on such a miserable day was enough to lift spirits in even the most miserable weather. I whipped out my camera and tried to snag a photo as the two cars were alongside each other - hopefully I captured a decent shot... kinda hard to catch a nice photo of two Porsches in low light and rain when one of the cars is moving, but we'll see.

Pity that I didn't bring my cable so that I could transfer the images to my laptop. Smile

- ccm911 - 03-10-2008

Back here in the Etas Unis, we are all tres fatigue due to the loss of one hour this weekend due to daylight savings time.

I can tell by your post that it is imperative that you go out and sample a Belgian beverage.  I am sure that will raise your spirits in short order. Smile

Hey, while you guys lost one hour on Saturday going into Sunday I spent it sitting on the plane getting over here and lost the entire night.... I would have preferred to have only lost 1 hour! Smile

Thankfully I slept well last night and am just about to head out for dinner... I don't drink, but am sure that I'll enjoy all the other pleasures that Brussels has to offer tonight (yes, I was referring to chocolate!) Wink

- catchacab - 03-10-2008

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Je suis à Bruxelles et je suis très fatigué

Today is my only day of free time in a week of business meetings... and characteristic of Brussels it has rained all day... cats and dogs. Regardless, I walked my ass off.
Quick! Close the borders!Tongue

Hey, less!

I might be 5 hours ahead of you right now, but I can still delete you from here - wonders of the internet! Wink

I love my european trips because they remind me of all the things I love about Europe and North America - both places are very different. Each continent has things to love and hate and you don't appreciate either unless you have the opportunity to see things from a different perspective.

- catchacab - 03-10-2008

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Hey, less!

I might be 5 hours ahead of you right now, but I can still delete you from here - wonders of the internet! Wink

I love my european trips because they remind me of all the things I love about Europe and North America - both places are very different. Each continent has things to love and hate and you don't appreciate either unless you have the opportunity to see things from a different perspective.
Great! Now future boy, you could delete my posts before I even post them. Confusedhock: I guess when you come back to the states you will be going back in time. As you go back in time, will you change anything you did in the future?Tongue Is the future like the Jetsons?

Sadly, The British Airways/Air France Concord has now retired from service, so I can no longer arrive at my destination before I left. Wink

- Wellardmac - 03-15-2008

...okay, a pair of Porsches on a wet Brussels morning.

... the photograph was taken near the royal palace.