Riesentöter Forums
Friday- Yuk! Saturday- Eh. Sunday - Great Fun! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Friday- Yuk! Saturday- Eh. Sunday - Great Fun! (/showthread.php?tid=925)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- Darren - 11-30-2007

Oooo...I have to look up the offsets.  How much Tony?

- JAB993 - 11-30-2007

Tony,

Thanks, but as noted by Bob the rear offsets will not work.

Thanks to John Randolph who found them, I purchased a very reasonably priced set of 18" Kinesis (8's and 10's) on E-Bay today.

- ninjabones - 11-30-2007

So you were the one who scooped those puppies... very nice and sweet price.  They do look awfully heavy though... what are the weights on those wheels. 

- Tony356993 - 11-30-2007

Quote:Oooo...I have to look up the offsets.  How much Tony?
They were 4k and I would sell them for 2k. I had a low ball offer from another rtr fellow and decided I didn't need the extra garage space that bad.

They are not going to win @ any car show but they are true.

Okay guys... no suspension work has been done yet, so Bill is going to hold the presses until I sort out exactly what I want.  More feedback definitely appreciated now that we have some time to sort it out. 

The specific question is, PSS9s vs JIC CROSS?  (And no comments about saving my money for driving lessons and spending less on the car.... that's not any fun). 

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-30-2007

Steve really liked the JICs. He was considering the PSS9s, too, but changed his mind for the reasons you have heard here. You might give him a call or drop him an e-mail.

- Darren - 11-30-2007

This got me thinking about the JIC for myself.  I see that Vivid Racing has them at 453 f/679 r or 396 f/566 r for a 996.  Notice how the much higher front spring rates relative to the rear spring rates as compared to PSS9.

$2832......I think I'd go with the stiffer option.

Darren wrote:
Quote:This got me thinking about the JIC for myself. I see that Vivid Racing has them at 453 f/679 r or 396 f/566 r for a 996. Notice how the much higher front spring rates relative to the rear spring rates as compared to PSS9.

$2832......I think I'd go with the stiffer option.

Darren:

Talk to Mike at Vivid (I think x 302)... he quoted me $2,600 (MSRP $2,900)... not sure if the setup is equivalent in price to the 993. I was thinking about going with the standard 993 configuration (8 front / 11 rear)... however, feedback from a handful of guys on rennlist 993 site said that 11 front / 14 rear (roughly 600 /800 lbs) is even tolerable on the street at full soft.... but probably way too much for me.

- Darren - 11-30-2007

Cool, I'll give him a call.  I agree with that on the spring rates, 8/11 is probably ok on the street.  You can always change springs later.

- bobt993 - 11-30-2007

Glen, 

What is your goal in mind?  If you want to possibly race in both NASA and PCA, then do not spend twice.  If you are even considering, even just a little to race then you need at minimum Moton Clubsports and ERP bushings, upgraded RS sways, 700 lb springs fr, 900 rear.  Your roll bar should become a cage with removable Nascar bars on the sides.  Also, 2nd oil cooler is a must.  Bill has done plenty of these. 

2008 rule changes in PCA favor the 993 in class.  A couple of the club racing 993 owners have had to chase lighter cars (300lbs less) around the tracks with similar horsepower.  New rules separate the cars more according to HP/weight ratio. 

The Motons have plenty of adjustment range and on the lightest setting could be street driven.  Springs would be tough and lowering your car for the track is going to make street driving a challenge in itself.  The other issue is tire wear.  Setting your camber/toe for the track will really wear the inside of the tires while driving on the street.   You could start with softer springs, but install the better shocks initially.  Deciding to upgrade latter is not a good idea as you pay the labor to remove, install, and corner balance all over again.