Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
718 Cayman and Boxster Topics
08-18-2017, 07:36 AM
718 Cayman and Boxster Topics
New 718!

Thought I'd start a thread for the few of us (so far) who own the 718 Cayman or Boxster. Have any thoughts so far? Experiences? Likes or dislikes? Post them here...

What's in your garage? Cool
08-18-2017, 07:56 AM
RE: 718 Cayman and Boxster Topics
Base 718 Exhaust Tips

I really have only one complaint at this point... I have the base 718 with the exhaust "box" tip. Honestly, what were they thinking? The S-style replacement isn't cheap and not such an easy job for someone without a garage or shop.

FABSPEED has a few, but at $550+ not exactly a bargain. I figure I'm also going to end up paying someone an hour of labor too, so that's about 1/3 the way to a sport exhaust system that INCLUDES the tips.

Anyone know of other options?

03-02-2018, 10:01 AM
Ok - now I have another complaint (more like a preference/question). Now I'm looking at AWE as an option for a change in tone. Anyone have any experience with AWE-Tuning? Thinking about their Touring Edition system for the 718. Anyone have any first hand experiences with them or (ideally) that system?

Much appreciated!

07-24-2018, 08:17 AM
have you got your new exhaust yet? what did you go with?
07-24-2018, 08:23 AM
I did... I went with the AWE Touring Edition. They installed it at their facility (which I recommend). Tone is perfect - I think that track edition would have been obnoxious. You can read my review here: http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/content...automotive

08-01-2018, 10:55 PM
(07-24-2018 08:23 AM)David Newton Wrote:  I did... I went with the AWE Touring Edition. They installed it at their facility (which I recommend). Tone is perfect - I think that track edition would have been obnoxious. You can read my review here: http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/content...automotive

Looks good. nice write up.