Riesentöter Forums
SKYDIVING - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: SKYDIVING (/showthread.php?tid=357)

Pages: 1 2

- JetPilot - 03-01-2007

I am trying to get a group together that would like to go out one weekend in the summer and skydive,

If you look out of your driver window in your Porsche and feel you are to high then stop reading now.....if you drive at 120 and stick your head out the window, then I have a feeling, this if for you.

I have jumped over 500 times.....and still here, just food for thought....well there was this one time at Skydiving camp....anyway...

I just want to get an Idea if this is something that people would do so lets here back and see what we can do.

David Bond

- Mike Andrews - 03-01-2007

I have a sky diving story Confusedhock:

- JAB993 - 03-01-2007

....let's hear that story!

- Wellardmac - 03-01-2007

Didn't someone survive a fall last week when their chute didn't open?

...also wasn't only a week or so before that that someone died because they weren't as lucky as the first guy?

Wink

- Mike Andrews - 03-01-2007

JAB993 wrote:
Quote:....let's hear that story!

Well, let's just say I spent all my practice time getting out of the plane by using the doorway in the hall. When it came time to jump, the hole in the side of the plane wasn't near as big and put everything off kilter. My pack caught the back of the opening on the way out and got me turned upside down and backwards and it went downhill from there.....

In all seriousness after having some time to digest what happened, and the poor instruction that I received, I'm thinking about trying another jump.

So...... when are we going Big Grin

- JetPilot - 03-01-2007

Out of the two million skydiving jumps over 6 months only a very few have messed up, I think please don't hold me to it but around 38 and that is not deaths only stupid people doing stupid stuff....kinda kinda like driving.

yes he survived, I think his reserve was open but caught up so his his at about 50 to 80. Not bad...lime being hit by a car.

but the only question is......are you going to jump?????

Mike, I love the enthusiasm, looking forward to jumping with you.

D

- Wellardmac - 03-01-2007

nah! I'm afraid of heights. Smile

- Graham - 03-01-2007

I'm in!!

- Wally - 03-02-2007

Don't you guys know, only two things fall from the sky, bird s--t and a--holes!

- TwentySix - 03-02-2007

Though I only did it once, I loved skydiving   Smile  Did it one autumn when the leaves had just turned their fiery colors, and the view was awesome.  It was a static line jump at an airfield in Medford, NJ.  The thing that I was most surprised at (besides some big macho guy who went out on the wing to jump and got cold feet  Tongue) was how absolutely quiet it was, drifting to earth after my chute opened  Cool  It left me with the feeling that anything was possible.