Riesentöter Forums
Der Gasser- Letter to Editor - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Der Gasser- Letter to Editor (/showthread.php?tid=1868)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- larrybard - 09-15-2009

Then I apologize.  I've seen some pretty off the wall comments from others, and obviously leaped to the wrong conclusion when I read yours.  Sorry.

- emayer - 09-15-2009

David,

There may be some confusion here as I think Larry's comments were intended to the post prior to your (pretty funny!) response.  I don't know who the author of the original statement was, and perhaps it was intended as a joke, but it didn't come across well.  I hope it wasn't written to be taken seriously either for the reasons Larry pointed out.

- linda.erwin - 09-15-2009

emayer wrote:
Quote:Thanks for the insight Brian. There goes that idea!.....

That's a unique concept Linda. The problem I see is that we may not have enough of an instructor pool for have that type of program. Stephen King comes to mind: "Redrum! Redrum!" when reading about the red run group....:dude:

Thanks for clueing me in, Eric. It appears that I have accidentally offended some members of the Red Run Group by my previous post. Please forgive me, everyone, but I recently bumped my head not once but twice and am still recovering. :? Truly, I apologize to those of you whom I have upset. The main point of my previous message was simply to suggest that we offer additional incentives to our instructors to encourage more frequent participation.

And for the record, all of my instructors last year were top notch … Myles Diamond, Carol Reynolds, and Patrick Wayman. Kudos to all of our instructors and execs for making the time and effort to ensure our Club’s DE Program is the best! Big Grin

Linda

- larrybard - 09-15-2009

emayer wrote:
Quote:David,

There may be some confusion here as I think Larry's comments were intended to the post prior to your (pretty funny!) response. I don't know who the author of the original statement was, and perhaps it was intended as a joke, but it didn't come across well. I hope it wasn't written to be taken seriously either for the reasons Larry pointed out.

Damn! Now I've added to the confusion. You're absolutely right -- and that's why I shouldn't have omitted the quote. I was indeed referring to the following, which I thought might have been serious (and now I'm still not sure, since it wasn't a statement from David):

"So basically for this year, our profit from our DE program which is our only profitable program paid for legal and accounting fees to figure out that $5000 was removed but later returned to the club.

"HMMM, paying $20,000 to recover $5,000. Our Executive Board is as efficient with our money as the federal government is."

- formerlythethrottlemaster - 09-15-2009

larrybard wrote:
Quote:emayer wrote:
Quote:David,

There may be some confusion here as I think Larry's comments were intended to the post prior to your (pretty funny!) response. I don't know who the author of the original statement was, and perhaps it was intended as a joke, but it didn't come across well. I hope it wasn't written to be taken seriously either for the reasons Larry pointed out.

Damn! Now I've added to the confusion. You're absolutely right -- and that's why I shouldn't have omitted the quote. I was indeed referring to the following, which I thought might have been serious (and now I'm still not sure, since it wasn't a statement from David):

"So basically for this year, our profit from our DE program which is our only profitable program paid for legal and accounting fees to figure out that $5000 was removed but later returned to the club.

"HMMM, paying $20,000 to recover $5,000. Our Executive Board is as efficient with our money as the federal government is."

Maybe that is why the Nomination Committee which consists of the three past -Presidents and the current President has provided us with an election slate that replaces many current members of the Executive Board.

Has our current Executive Board acted properly since being elected? Have other changes and decisions been made without notifying the members? Have the Executive Board members acted in good faith? Have the Executive Board members treated each other with the respect and understanding that they deserve?

- dmano - 09-15-2009

In my opinion our club is the best. Great instructors, great events, great people, great food, great tracks and most of all great cars. Even if I drive a Mustang and El Camino. I first ran with RTR in the 90's and have been running with them ever since. The fun out weighs the cost by the mile. I run with the SVRA and a weekend with them cost me; "including everything from getting there to back home" a wopping $1000.00 plus for 3 days.

So do the math. SVRA vs RTR a no brainer in my book.

Larry I am just bustin you stones :dude:

- emayer - 09-15-2009

linda.erwin wrote:
Quote:emayer wrote:
Quote:Thanks for the insight Brian. There goes that idea!.....

That's a unique concept Linda. The problem I see is that we may not have enough of an instructor pool for have that type of program. Stephen King comes to mind: "Redrum! Redrum!" when reading about the red run group....:dude:

Thanks for clueing me in, Eric. It appears that I have accidentally offended some members of the Red Run Group by my previous post. Please forgive me, everyone, but I recently bumped my head not once but twice and am still recovering. :? Truly, I apologize to those of you whom I have upset. The main point of my previous message was simply to suggest that we offer additional incentives to our instructors to encourage more frequent participation.

And for the record, all of my instructors last year were top notch … Myles Diamond, Carol Reynolds, and Patrick Wayman. Kudos to all of our instructors and execs for making the time and effort to ensure our Club’s DE Program is the best! Big Grin

Linda

Linda,

I don't believe anyone has taken offense to your thoughtful idea, and you are absolutely correct about our needing to reward instructors for their efforts. I hope I didn't inadvertently dissuade you from offering other suggestions. As the dude responsible for starting the thread in the hopes of stimulating constructive changes I say: Please keep 'em coming!

- Mike Andrews - 09-15-2009

Guys... Let's keep this friendly and on point.....

But.... we have roughly eight to ten people posting opinions and ideas and we have roughly eight to ten different approaches.....  who's gonna get the other 1300 members opinions? Confusedhock: 

In all seriousness, even with so few people involved, it's sometimes hard to get a consensous so you can imagine how hard it is when it comes to big decisions.

- George3 - 09-15-2009

Mike Andrews wrote:
Quote:Guys... Let's keep this friendly and on point.....

But.... we have roughly eight to ten people posting opinions and ideas and we have roughly eight to ten different approaches..... who's gonna get the other 1300 members opinions? Confusedhock:

In all seriousness, even with so few people involved, it's sometimes hard to get a consensous so you can imagine how hard it is when it comes to big decisions.

Mike-
I imagine this thread is keeping you pretty busy. :?
G

- Phokaioglaukos - 09-15-2009

formerlythethrottlemaster wrote:
Quote:So basically for this year, our profit from our DE program which is our only profitable program paid for legal and accounting fees to figure out that $5000 was removed but later returned to the club.

HMMM, paying $20,000 to recover $5,000. Our Executive Board is as efficient with our money as the federal government is.
Quote:
Quote:Maybe that is why the Nomination Committee which consists of the three past -Presidents and the current President has provided us with an election slate that replaces many current members of the Executive Board.

Has our current Executive Board acted properly since being elected? Have other changes and decisions been made without notifying the members? Have the Executive Board members acted in good faith? Have the Executive Board members treated each other with the respect and understanding that they deserve?
As Secretary, one of the things I am proud that your Board has done this year for the first time is to approve the publication on our web site of the minutes of our meetings. They have been available all year and you can read them here: http://www.rtr-pca.org/. If you look at the January 2009 minutes and read all the way to the end you will see the 2009 budget that the Board adopted. Bear in mind that back in January we anticipated some financial challenges, but we got more than we had hoped we would have.

As most of you know, we have uncovered some issues with our financial records, but Allison Dollery, our current Treasurer, has sorted it out to a great extent and we should be getting reliable actual vs. budget data shortly.

There is much wrong with the messages I quoted above, but I am pleased members (at least of this forum if not actually members of our Region) are taking an interest in the Club's stewardship. I hope you will all attend the next monthly member meeting and raise your questions in person. They are important questions that deserve answers, both here on the forum and in person. Some of the answers will come in the minutes of the Board meeting held last Saturday. Those minutes will be posted to the web site as soon as the Board approves them at its next meeting which will be held in early October.