Riesentöter Forums
New Jersey Motorsports Park – Thunderbolt Raceway - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: New Jersey Motorsports Park – Thunderbolt Raceway (/showthread.php?tid=124)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- Nick - 12-07-2007

The full base coat is completed for the Lightening course.  The top coat will be applied in the spring.  Thunderbolt is scheduled for a base coat in the spring and the top coat in June. 

Construction crews continue to work on the rest of the Park.  Rumor from the workers is that they uncovered more military explosives this week, but there is no official statement.

Names are being taken for volunteers for the PCA Club Race 9/12 - 9/14/08.  There will be a D1 Grand Prix event on the same weekend.  Drifting competitions & Porsche Racing on the same day!   Send me an email if you want to help out.

Nick@oceancitybeachfronts.com

- Nick - 12-07-2007

Marty,

I'm not sure about this date but RTR has secured 10/17-10/19.

Schattenbaum will have DE on 7/21-7/22, 8/18-8/19 and 11/1-11/2.  They have also requested additional mid-week single day events in 2008.

There are plenty of other PCA DE dates in '08 that have been secured: 8/2-8/4, 9/5-9/7, 9/10-9/11, 10/3-10/5, 10/10-10/12, 10/24-10/26.

Many regions are in the process of securing additional dates.  There will be 2 to 4 PCA events each month.

- Nick - 12-26-2007

The buildings are erected.  Progress continues.  Project is on schedule.  Pictured is the Driving School.

SRVA Race is scheduled for 8/7-8/10.  On the same weekend, the Reading Festival will be in town - 100 bands tentatively including Neil Young, Red Hot Chili Peppers and White Stripes.

RTR DE on 10/17-10/19 will be preceded by a NASA/PDA event on 10/15-10/16 - 4 days of track time. 

- Marty Kocse - 12-27-2007

Marty Kocse wrote:
Quote:Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:Schedule of events is now posted: http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/html/2008_event_calendar.html

Video of the paving, and Joe Volpe, here: http://nbc40.net/pages/videoplayer/video.php?vid=3767
Nick,
I don't see our Sept 29th advanced day on the schedule... Can you double check for us? Marty

Our Sept 29th date is now on their official calendar. Now I feel better...

- Nick - 01-17-2008

The buildings are going up.  I spoke to one of the foremen yesterday.  The project is progressing nicely

- Nick - 01-17-2008

Lots of infrastructure work has been completed.  The access roads now have curbs and storm drains.

Pictured in the distance are the track side garages.

- Phokaioglaukos - 01-17-2008

Nick, does that last photo show water pooled on the track?

- Graham - 01-17-2008

Chris,

Miata's shouldn't have any problems getting through small pools of water...  Cool

Can't wait to run the track!

-GK

- Nick - 01-17-2008

Yes, it is standing water.  It rained the day before and I almost ruined my shoes walking through the mud to take the pictures.  I'm hoping that the final grade of the surrounding area will correct the water run off.

- Nick - 01-23-2008

New Jersey Motorsports Park Bolsters Management Team
Managing Director, General Manager in Place

Millville, N.J. (January 22, 2008) – New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP) has added significant Motorsports experience to the team, with the appointment of Ken Grammer, Managing Director and Donald Fauerbach, General Manager.  Both strengthen NJMP’s management team with a wealth of competitive racing, team ownership and operational experience.

Grammer has wide ranging Motorsports industry experience.  He is the former Director of Operations for SCCA Pro Racing and its World Challenge, North American Championship and Miata Cup series.  Ken is also the former President of Synergy Racing, winners of the 2005 Grand-Am GT Drivers Championship, as well as President and Founder of the United States Endurance Racing Association (USERA).  Behind the wheel, Ken has driven in SCCA Regional and National events, as well as a number of Motorola Cup (currently Grand-Am Cup) pro events.  As Managing Director, he will be responsible for the overall operations of NJMP, including staffing, accounting, security and day-to-day operations.

Fauerbach is the founder of the NJMP Green Flag Committee, and has been part of the team since the beginning.  In Motorsports, he owned and operated MAURTCO Motorsports, Inc., with teams competing in ARCA and NASCAR stock car and truck racing series, and raced motorcycles professionally.  Donald’s close relationships with New Jersey legislators and the State House during his tenure as the Executive Director of the New Jersey Conference of Mayors since 1992, and his strong environmental background, has proven invaluable to NJMP.  Fauerbach was presented with the 2007 Millville Chamber of Commerce “Pride in Millville Award.�?  In his role as General Manger, Donald will oversee sales, marketing, public affairs, participant/customer relations, compliance, commercial affairs and future developments. 

“We’re thrilled to add Ken and expand Donald’s role on the NJMP team.  Both bring with them invaluable experience in both management and Motorsports,�? states Lee Brahin, managing partner of NJMP.  “On the development side we’ve hit top speed and things are progressing very well.  Now on the personnel side, we’re right on target to drop the first green flag at NJMP this summer.�?