Riesentöter Forums
Der Gasser- Letter to Editor - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Der Gasser- Letter to Editor (/showthread.php?tid=1868)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- Brian Minkin - 09-16-2009

TwentySix wrote:
Quote:formerlythethrottlemaster wrote:
Quote: Have the Executive Board members treated each other with the respect and understanding that they deserve?

Who would ask such a question?

Anyone else think this mystery internet troll is our former treasurer? [Image: popcorn.gif]
From everthing this person has written it sure feels that way but I googled the name he registered under, Ricky Voeten, and it also shows up on Facebook and Yahoo. I plan to ask Marty the membership chair if we have a member with this name.

- catchacab - 09-16-2009

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:TwentySix wrote:
Quote: Have the Executive Board members treated each other with the respect and understanding that they deserve?

Anyone else think this mystery internet troll is our former treasurer? [Image: popcorn.gif]
From everthing this person has written it sure feels that way but I googled the name he registered under, Ricky Voeten, and it also shows up on Facebook and Yahoo. I plan to ask Marty the membership chair if we have a member with this name.

He friended me, said he was a RTR member

- catchacab - 09-16-2009

catchacab wrote:
Quote:Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:TwentySix wrote:

He friended me, said he was a RTR member
And he is a friend no more

- formerlythethrottlemaster - 09-16-2009

I will save you the time.  I am not a member.  I have not been a member.

I was considering joining this club, and have attended a meeting, read your Executive Board minutes, and many posts on this forum.  Everything I posted on this forum I learned from your website, forum and overheard at your meeting.   I must say this club has many problems that need to be resolved, and won't join this club.  I meant no harm, but was trying to explore what is wrong and write with this club to see if I would join.

All of you should sit back, have a beer and give each a hug.  You are a club, not a business or government.  All of you should be friends.  You have common interests.  No one will lose a job, house, spouse, child or die because of your club.  Enjoy your club, your cars and the members in your club.  When you hang your dirty laundry outside everyone will see it.  Speak well of your club and those who are in it.

I will say good bye, and wish you all well.

- stentech1 - 09-16-2009

What is wrong is you. The people put in charge had a very very difficult time with this incident. The perpetrator of these crimes was considered to be a very close friend to all of us. But it is their responsibility to keep all the $ that the club has earned through it's driver education program and other sources of revenue generation. Weather it's 5000.00, 6200.00 or 60000.00 it is the duty of the execs to correct what has been done. We are a not for profit club and it falls under very strict guidelines under state law. Would it have been better if they had just let the money disappear. If that had happened and the state performed an audit it could have held all execs liable instead of one person who did something that was very wrong. I can say that this has affected me personally because the accused was one of my best friends. This friendship is now over because the actions of this individual. He defied the trust of me and all that trusted him and believed in this persons integrity. It is unfortunate that you don't want to join our club it is full of good people and can add allot of fun to you life. As far as the cost to find the financial improprieties. They are not relevant because the cost of doing nothing could potentially make us lose our state not for profit status and could bring an end to rtr. There are too many people who value this club and the enjoyment it brings to let that happen. Besides it protects other organizations form becoming pray of the same scam. How would it appear if 1 year later we found out that a little league baseball program was scammed out of thousands of dollars and we could have stopped it? Typically the accused if found guilty will be required not only to pay back the money but will also be responsible for all related and legal expenses incurred. That will put the club up $25000.00 according to your figures and will protect club members from additional theft. But it is fairly apparent that you lack the moral fiber that is so common for rtr so it may be best that you don't join our club. With all those old cars maybe some hot rod club or classic car club may be more your cup of tea. If you would like to discuss this further please come to the meeting next week at AWE tuning.

Steve Meenan   

- Phokaioglaukos - 09-17-2009

formerlythethrottlemaster wrote:
Quote:I will say good bye, and wish you all well.
I see in your profile that you are a "Pest Control Professional." Before you go, or change author names for your posts here, could I convince you to expound a bit on your profession?

- ccm911 - 09-17-2009

stentech1 wrote:
Quote: But it is fairly apparent that you lack the moral fiber that is so common for rtr so it may be best that you don't join our club. With all those old cars maybe some hot rod club or classic car club may be more your cup of tea. If you would like to discuss this further please come to the meeting next week at AWE tuning.

Steve Meenan
Good job, Steve!!!! I could not have said it better myself. You are becoming quite the writer.Big Grin

- dmano - 09-17-2009

Here Here Very Well Put

I think thats the most he has every said.  Wink

- dmano - 09-17-2009

On a lighter note here is the latest price list for SVRA:

Event Activities (Please check all applicable boxes.)        Non-Member      Member

- dmano - 09-17-2009

Remember these prices do not include any food provided by the club. You need to have full 16.1 spec race gear: SA helmet, gloves, shoes, socks, fire suit, full fire system in the car, roll cage, seat, belts and so on.

One great thing about SVRA is the vintage race cars you get to see and see race. Nothing like a Can Am car running a F/I  big block. O the music in my ears.  

The cost to run with RTR  "priceless"