Riesentöter Forums
Der Gasser- Letter to Editor - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Der Gasser- Letter to Editor (/showthread.php?tid=1868)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- George3 - 09-18-2009

emayer wrote:
Quote:Unless I'm missing something, I haven't seen much quibbling or negative feedback about INCREASING the fees for our DE events. Compared to other clubs it's evident that our charges are below average. In fact, most of us are promoting a reasonable increase to additionally incentivize the instructor corp. The execs have indicated that they'll see what possibilities exist once the budgets are finalized.

I didn't know owning a Porsche made you immune to financial pressures however.....Tongue

Agreed. I haven't read anywhere about opposition to the increased fees. More likely, there was support for it in light of the student workload pressures on instructors.

- dmano - 09-18-2009

I don't mind paying a few more dollars if the club stays the way it is. We have by far one of the best around.

- dmano - 09-18-2009

Without the instructors there would be no DE. We need to take care of them or we all loose what ever it takes the club to do it must be done.

- ccm911 - 09-18-2009

emayer wrote:
Quote:Unless I'm missing something, I haven't seen much quibbling or negative feedback about INCREASING the fees for our DE events. Compared to other clubs it's evident that our charges are below average. In fact, most of us are promoting a reasonable increase to additionally incentivize the instructor corp. The execs have indicated that they'll see what possibilities exist once the budgets are finalized.

I didn't know owning a Porsche made you immune to financial pressures however.....Tongue

Here is your quote:

My comments would be to consider a 50% reduction for one student if the financials permit. Most beginner students would likely understand the need for increased fees to offset instruction, but if it is felt otherwise within the club, a nominal increase for all should be entertained.

Sounds to me like it is a quibble for cheaper rates for the instructors and higher rates for the students? Am I mistaken?

- George3 - 09-18-2009

dmano wrote:
Quote:Without the instructors there would be no DE. We need to take care of them or we all loose what ever it takes the club to do it must be done.

What are you kidding me?
They've already lost a lot of instructors.

- dmano - 09-18-2009

George3 wrote:
Quote:dmano wrote:
Quote:. We need to take care of them or we all loose what ever it takes the club to do it must be done.
Quote:

What are you kidding me?
They've already lost a lot of instructors.
Quote:

WHAT! did you bother to read the post

Without the instructors we would have no DE. IE: EBAJACATION get it, you need to have instructors to have students learn from NO STUDENTS NO DE

READ THE POST

- George3 - 09-18-2009

I see Caps and I don't see a Smiley Face.
So, I don't think I appreciate that remark.
You're not even an instructor.

- emayer - 09-18-2009

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:emayer wrote:

Here is your quote:

My comments would be to consider a 50% reduction for one student if the financials permit. Most beginner students would likely understand the need for increased fees to offset instruction, but if it is felt otherwise within the club, a nominal increase for all should be entertained.

Sounds to me like it is a quibble for cheaper rates for the instructors and higher rates for the students? Am I mistaken?

Now I get what you were trying to say and no it isn't a quibble.

It is a logical proposal and a fair mechanism used by other clubs to provide incentives and appreciation to instructors who sacrifice their personal time (including track time) and well-being so that we can learn to safely enjoy this sport. It is a potential means of correcting a problem which I and others have seen firsthand of worsening instructor frustration and migration from our otherwise excellent DE program due to increasing workload demands and better treatment from other clubs. Finally, an incentive program has the potential of not only strengthening DE, but in turn will facilitate additional membership and involvement of upper run group drivers that are shortfalls presently.

Hopefully this clarifies things a bit.....

- dmano - 09-18-2009

You made the remark not me.

Do I need to repost my post? Ok

Without instructors we will have no students , no students = no DE

We need to take care of our instructors they are the heart of DE.........

Big Grin

- larrybard - 09-18-2009

Don't know if any of you have read the most recently distributed (today) President's Report, but as I read it, the newly adopted written policy now includes something on discounts received by DE instructors (as well as by the "Executive team") -- though it's not clear to me, from the report, whether these discounts were in place already ("historical practices") that are for the first time being documented in a policy, or if they're new changes.