Riesentöter Forums
NYS "Driver Responsibility Assessment" - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: NYS "Driver Responsibility Assessment" (/showthread.php?tid=1016)

Pages: 1 2

- AMoore - 02-04-2008

Pay it.  I once saw a 15 dollar debt recorded on a credit report. 

Interestingly, I just paid a $300 Virginia speeding ticket I got on the way to Summit in Nov.  They threatended to suspend my Virginia drivers license (non existent).  I paid it anyway.

- Wellardmac - 02-04-2008

Wise move to pay the ticket, because even though you have no license for them to suspend, you really wouldn't want to get pulled over in that state again if you don't pay it - outstanding tickets can turn into outstanding warrants and outstanding warrants tend to get you a trip to jail.

- ccm911 - 02-04-2008

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Wise move to pay the ticket, because even though you have no license for them to suspend, you really wouldn't want to get pulled over in that state again if you don't pay it - outstanding tickets can turn into outstanding warrants and outstanding warrants tend to get you a trip to jail.
Where they dress you up in a skirt on dance night, after selling you for a pack of cigarettes!

- Brian Minkin - 02-04-2008

One of the guys that works for me had an outstanding ticket in NJ and he got pulled there about 5 years latter.  The officer said he had an outstanding Warrant and took him straight to jail.  Needed $500 bond to get out of jail and of course had to appear in court about 45 days latter to deal with all charges. Cost him about $1100 and he said the original ticket was for $95.

- Wellardmac - 02-04-2008

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:One of the guys that works for me had an outstanding ticket in NJ and he got pulled there about 5 years latter. The officer said he had an outstanding Warrant and took him straight to jail. Needed $500 bond to get out of jail and of course had to appear in court about 45 days latter to deal with all charges. Cost him about $1100 and he said the original ticket was for $95.

Yup, I've heard of that also - hence my comment. You never know when those things will catch up with you and result in a traffic stop sending you to jail.

- Marty Kocse - 02-04-2008

Moral of the story guys...  Don't speed - that's what the track is for.

- Graham - 02-04-2008

Boy o' boy...do I want to be the Devils advocate here!!!

Cool

- Phokaioglaukos - 02-04-2008

Marty Kocse wrote:
Quote:Moral of the story guys... Don't speed - that's what the track is for.
Thank you, Marty.

- Marty Kocse - 02-04-2008

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:Marty Kocse wrote:
Thank you, Marty.
That's me, Captain Obvious...

- AMoore - 02-05-2008

Marty Kocse wrote:

Easier said than done and sure makes for a lot less fun!

How about this for a moral If you are going to speed, don't get caught. If you get caught, expect consequences.