Riesentöter Forums
New Jersey Motorsports Park – Thunderbolt Raceway - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: New Jersey Motorsports Park – Thunderbolt Raceway (/showthread.php?tid=124)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- Wellardmac - 10-29-2006

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be cool to get another track that the club can go to.

Jersey is certainly a "unique" place. I'd be interested in hearing what is said. Hopefully everyone gets their wishes... and soon. Smile

- Nick - 10-30-2006

The latest issue has been the legislation to pass a bill that would create a 5.5% sales tax within the park to help offset project costs.

Millville is current part of an urban development program. In an effort to stimulate the local economy, state sales tax has been cut in half (3.5% rather than 7%).

The Track is one of several projects that are currently in the works to turn the local economy around.

I go to the meetings because it is my back yard.

- Phokaioglaukos - 10-30-2006

I would go to the meeting were I in town then--not to pretend to be a local resident, but to demonstrate that there is appeal of this development and that it is important to me. The commission might be interested in that, or not. In any event, I would learn more of what is happening there, having sent in my check more than seven months ago.

- TwentySix - 10-31-2006

So... how did the meeting go?

- Phokaioglaukos - 10-31-2006

elizabeth26 wrote:
Quote:So... how did the meeting go?
It's next Monday, 11/6.

- TwentySix - 10-31-2006

Damn, I guess I need another cup of coffee... back in the hole

[Image: icon107]

- smankow - 10-31-2006

elizabeth26 wrote:
Quote:So... how did the meeting go?

Chris is correct, the meeting is on 11/6/06. As of now, I am planning on making the trip down to find out what's going on. I think that Graham Knight may be joining me. If anyone else is interested in heading down, please let me know, as we can carpool or meet on the way down. I know that Nick H. is attending, but lives in the general area.

After the meeting, I will provide an update and hopefully a general timeframe for the development.

Steve

- Tony356993 - 10-31-2006

Quote: I think that Graham Knight may be joining me.

Steve,

Don't let Graham say anything....Big Grin

- smankow - 11-01-2006

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:Steve,

Don't let Graham say anything....Big Grin

Tony, I'm hoping that I don't have to say anything. I'm going down in support of the community and the track. Hopefully, there will also be a contingent from Rennlist, too.

Steve

- ccm911 - 11-02-2006

smankow wrote:
Quote:Wayne, in this instance you don't know what is going on here.

1. Millville is a "needy" community and the residents basically want and need the track for the jobs and revenue that it will bring to their community.

2. This project has already been held up for about a year due to a "legal research project" at a local university.

3. The developers of this project have a proven history of building quality tracks - they own and operate VIR.

4. Those of us who choose to attend this meeting are going in support of the track both from a selfish reason (new place for us to drive) and to give our support to the residents. Stall tactics have been ongoing for too long now.

Steve
Quote:No Steve, In this case, Wayne is right on the money. Who are you to attend a planning meeting outside of your own town? And if Millville is "needy", I am sure that a bunch of Porsches showing up would really do a lot to break the ice. Now, Nick H. lives down there and has invested in the area. Therefore, he should attend. But don't you think it is a bit mch for the out of towners to weigh in? CCM