Riesentöter Forums
Thanks RTR, For A Great Summit Point Event - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Thanks RTR, For A Great Summit Point Event (/showthread.php?tid=1380)

Pages: 1 2 3

- George3 - 08-24-2008

Bob,

You had to be there to be able to tell which was the correct line. . . for the conditions.

- bobt993 - 08-24-2008

That's a bummer George since that was the best turn on the track other than going flat through T9. :?

- George3 - 08-24-2008

I guess I could've gone your way.  I have traditionally taken your line.  But I had a ride along with Gary Church last weekend with Potomac and he was insisting his way was better.  Confusedhock:

I'll try anything once.  Twice if I like it. Big Grin

- Sechsgang - 08-24-2008

ya, those track conditions made for some interesting practices...I found that when I took turn 1 like Chris C told me to last year, I would end up all over the place when I hit the crap there and found my old slower in earlier on throttle line worked quite well (I dont think anyone following me would protest...). As for turn 4 into 5...well, I just took 4 at full speed(and was forced to stay left...no way in hell could I get to the right) and throw away 5 by just tucking into the left (basically riding the apex rumbles) and just battled through the crud through turn 6 hugging to the far right (yes, I killed off my new slicks doing so...but w/e).

George, no prob with stopping, I found your "problem" quite comical..haha, Ill stop for one next time!

-Drew

- George3 - 08-24-2008

Sechsgang wrote:
Quote:George, no prob with stopping, I found your "problem" quite comical..haha, Ill stop for one next time!

Drew -

It's very much worth it !!

- michael lang - 08-24-2008

Sorry I missed out, Myrtle was very nice but I have to admit I was thinking about being on track Thurs & Fri.

- jakp993 - 08-24-2008

Bob,

Track conditions were abysmal, worst I've even seen at SP.  Many folks, yourself included,  didn't feel like beating their cars up so there were some creative lines. 

It was like driving in the wet with one difference.  We weren't avoiding standing water, we were avoiding the worst parts of the track.

Sad that the track had deteriorated so quickly.

I'll post a video when I get it processed.

Jack

- jakp993 - 08-24-2008

George3 wrote:
Quote:I wanted to thank Jack, Carol, Tom, Paul, etc, etc, etc, for another GREAT Driver's Ed event at Summit Point. The weather was fantastic, the camaraderie even better. Track conditions left some wanting, but I had a fantastic time. Thanks to all who encouraged me to go home and get my Evo to save the weekend. I'm glad I did.
Thanks George. I'm glad you enjoyed your 1st anniversary of track addiction Smile

Jack

- catchacab - 08-24-2008

With the track at Summit Point in such bad condition, shouldn't we have an all Cayenne DE there? 

Some say it is like being off road, but not being off road.

- Brian Minkin - 08-24-2008

I don't know that Summit requires a Cayenne but cars with softer suspension certainly have an advantage at this point.