Riesentöter Forums
NJMS Thunderbolt weekend - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: NJMS Thunderbolt weekend (/showthread.php?tid=1410)

Pages: 1 2 3

- John_Janick - 10-21-2008

delanckc wrote:
Quote:I love this track! High speed and technical parts in one track. Decent weather for three straight days (a bit cool/overcast on Saturday). Registration, instruction and camaraderie were top notch as always.

Was anyone taking pictures?

Kevin
I saw some people taking some...

At least for the white group, I think Hugh's son (maybe?, yellow boxster S) got some.
Apparently I had time to glance up into the stands entering 5...bad habit, I know.

- betegh9 - 10-21-2008

Mike Andrews took some pics with a cannon.......... I mean, a Nikon with a HUGE barrel, thus a CANNON. I hope he will post the pics soon.

- APXD 30 - 10-21-2008

Slow to add (due to work) my kudos to another well orchestrated RTR DE year.   Thanks to the the volunteers from instructors to exec board for making it possible!

Jenn even had a terrific non-RTR instructor who drove from York to instruct two students without driving himself.  What more can you say about dedication and good folks?

Now, how about a Lightening date for 2009?   I stopped over their for fuel and to watch some of the races, what an interesting looking course with some elevation change.

- ToddPhilly - 10-22-2008

jahwerx wrote:
Quote:ToddPhilly wrote:
Quote:I'm really happy with how well my car performed at the track this year. Though I found a way to set part of my brakes on fire this past weekend. Some rubber seal that surrounds my brake front pistons got too hot, was smoking, and is now toast. Other than that, car ran great. However, I hope to be out there in a Porsche by this time next year. Just need to see if my wife (and the economy) agrees...

Todd - You totally SAVED my Sunday (sunday sunday . . . raceday). Thanks again for those brake pads! Again, if the dealer gives you any s**t, just PM me, and I'll take care of it!

Also thanks to Tom Catalano (NNJ PCA - sorry if I terrified you Wink ), Mark Reynolds, Darren Mingis for such great instruction.

Cheers, Josh

Glad I could help Josh. No worries. Perhaps you'll save my weekend some day next year!

- Mike Andrews - 10-22-2008

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:Mike Andrews took some pics with a cannon.......... I mean, a Nikon with a HUGE barrel, thus a CANNON. I hope he will post the pics soon.

Yes, I took a few photo's.

Here are a few yellow cars...........

[Image: Kenny-2.jpg]

[Image: Gary.jpg]

[Image: Jim-1.jpg]

[Image: Gary2.jpg]

A few shots of Don......

[Image: Don-2.jpg]

[Image: Don2.jpg]

A few red cars.....

[Image: George2.jpg]

[Image: Nick.jpg]

My favorite......

[Image: rgt.jpg]

[Image: gt3rs.jpg]

And this one isn't too bad either....

[Image: mark-1.jpg]

[Image: Cayman-1.jpg]

[Image: Tom-1.jpg]

- George3 - 10-22-2008

Thanks to all in RTR that made this weekend happen.  I had a great time on Friday and Saturday.  Too bad I got a punctured stainless steel brake line that 'cut' my weekend short.   (No pun intended)  And, Special thanks to Tom Z !!