Riesentöter Forums
Porsche accuses Nissan GT-R of cheating the 'Ring - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Porsche accuses Nissan GT-R of cheating the 'Ring (/showthread.php?tid=1420)

Pages: 1 2

- fasthonda - 06-03-2009

hey steve?   wait til you drive that GTR in the rain on the track!!!!  (did i ever take you for a ride in my EVO when it was raining?)   it is awe inspiring to drive one of the japanese AWD cars that is properly set up in the rain....  

it took me a little bit to get the hang of 'believing' in the car;  i always had used/worn out tires on the EVO (i had a supply of $20 used Yokos that i ran on it from practically day one;  i bought them at 4/32nds, and used them as my everyday tires).   and even in heavy rain conditions, as long as you 'believed' in the car, and let it run where it wanted and sort of 'sort itself out' through the corners, it was AWESOME!

it would take a full race car, on full Hoosier Wets, with a good driver (hi Bob T!) to keep up with me on track in the rain in the EVO, even with my lousy tires on.   if i'd ever put good tires on it, it would have been faster than god!   LOL!

you've gotta take out the GTR when it rains;  it'll feel like everyone else is on a cooldown lap!!!!  Smile

- stentech1 - 06-29-2009

I had 2 300zx twin turbos and a 1992 911 turbo. The 300zx was light years ahead of the 1992 911 turbo in every way, and 1/3 the money. It was no wonder why Porsche was near bankruptcy in the early 90s. Porsche was getting it's clock cleaned by Nissan in racing as well. Never doubt Nissan, if they set a goal they will push to attain it and the GTR is proof of that. Lets see how the cheapissan holds up after 100k miles on it.

- Darren - 06-30-2009

GTR is not that cheap though.  If I wanted a new car I'd be considering the GTR, for both the performance and the looks.  I don't think I'd consider buying a new Porsche, but probably the wrong forum for that!

There is something about a German car though that I can't quite explain.  The feel is different than a Japanese car.  Is that emotional or real? I don't know.

Japanese cars (and I race one of course) feel sterile to me.  German cars feel graceful with personality.  Racing I want the fastest tool for the job.  On the street, it's more emotional.

Please flame away Smile

- opus - 07-01-2009

Why not have both Darren?  :dude:

I attended the Evolution Performance Driving School (auto-x) this past weekend.  One guy came in a GT-R.  Despite having all season tires, the GT-R as driven an instructor  was the second fastest car of the day.  Auto-x isn't really GT-R's forte thought.  Back to cost issue, the owner said the maintenance cost is really high.  I guess it is sort of razors and blade - cheap (relatively speaking) car, very high service cost to make up for it.