Riesentöter Forums
Final Fling - NJ drive Sunday Nov. 19th. - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Social (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+--- Thread: Final Fling - NJ drive Sunday Nov. 19th. (/showthread.php?tid=148)

Pages: 1 2

- Brian Minkin - 11-15-2006

Otto's can handle the number of people I would expect. We have used Otto's for breakfast meeting place for the Snidely Group going to Pocono and they have been very accomidating with no advanced notice.

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-15-2006

Brian, could someone send an e-mail to the membership telling them to meet at Otto's by 8.30 for the drive described? If only the people contributing to this thread attend we'll have no more than four cars, and maybe only two or one. I need an excuse to wash the car on Saturday, and this group drive could be it.

- STEVEMCMORN - 11-15-2006

wellardmac wrote:
Quote:We could aim for an 8-8:30 at Ottos and a back road ride to Hamilton.

Erm, a little bit of perspective pls ....... original plan was breakfast at 11am....

now 8-8.30, which means leaving at 7am....... on a Sunday ... I think notConfusedhock:

As actually no rush to get to sculpture park, how about breakfast at a sensible time - e.g 9am??

- Wellardmac - 11-15-2006

We can do whatever time works.

The other thing to bear in mind is that other can always meet us at the park later if the meet time doesn't work. They have a nice cafe there that does a decent selection of food and the drive back can be as nice as the one going out there.

One other thing is that those not wanting to do breakfast can also join us at otto's any time before we leave, which will probably be an hour after we meet.

- Wellardmac - 11-16-2006

Okay, we can do 9am if it works better for you. My thought was mostly along the lines that earlier on the road meant less traffic - I'm easy whichever way we do it.

Chris, that work for you?

- Wellardmac - 11-18-2006

Okay, I think we're all set.

Meet at Otto's on 611 between 8:30 and 9am. We'll aim to get seated by 9am. Eat a nice breakfast, then I've got a nice route planned out for us that should hopefully take us on some nice back highways of NJ to Hamilton.

As I said, GFS is a pretty park - take along your camera. They also have a cafe that will do a nice lunch.

Let's hope for good weather and quiet roads.

-W

- Wellardmac - 11-18-2006

Nice drive - quiet empty roads. We'll have to do something similar next year and publicize it a little better. Thanks to Chris and Cheryl for joining us.

NJ has some nice quiet windy (read: perfect Porsche roads) for playing. If I knew the area better I'm sure we could get some nice drives out there.

- Brian Minkin - 11-19-2006

What was the final car count? 2?  Sorry we could not join you.

- Wellardmac - 11-19-2006

Yeah, it was pretty sad. Sorry that we planned the run on the day of the exec meeting. Steve joined us for Breakfast, but couldn't join us for the drive.

The drive was nice though... awesome weather, some nice long Porsche roads with no traffic... I had my spoiler up on several sections, but had to slow down to allow Cheryl to keep up with me. Smile

Now that we've had the idea of doing a final drive before the cars go away I'll just make sure that we put it on the calendar next year and plan it well in advance.