Riesentöter Forums
DE insurance - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: DE insurance (/showthread.php?tid=1699)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Brian Minkin - 05-28-2009

I do not have any personal experience (Thank God) but I do know that WSIB has promptly paid claims.

- George3 - 05-28-2009

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:I do not have any personal experience (Thank God) but I do know that WSIB has promptly paid claims.
Same here... I've heard clients have had their claims paid.

- ninjabones - 05-28-2009

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:I do not have any personal experience (Thank God) but I do know that WSIB has promptly paid claims.

Yes.... they do pay promptly (ask me how I know)SmileSmileSmile

Two thumbs up for WSIB (and they allowed me to continue my coverage this year despite last year's little "tango at turn 10")

I believe the premium is calculated as 3% of the car's stated value with a deductible based on 10% of the stated value (minimum $2,500). This coverage is good for 10 DE events (not days) per year of coverage. You can purchase additional coverage if you go over the 10 events..

- rbasales - 05-28-2009

Good feedback, from a guy who's been there! Thats what we wanted know.
Thanks

- larrybard - 05-28-2009

Beats me why no one has mentioned AIG.

I have it.  It covers DE events.  Not only did I review the policy language, and make sure both my broker and AIG representative understood DE -- I provided them with relevant DE information from RTR and PCA -- but a good friend totalled his GT3 at The Glen about a year ago and his AIG policy paid in full.

Larry

- George3 - 05-28-2009

larrybard wrote:
Quote:Beats me why no one has mentioned AIG.

I have it. It covers DE events. Not only did I review the policy language, and make sure both my broker and AIG representative understood DE -- I provided them with relevant DE information from RTR and PCA -- but a good friend totalled his GT3 at The Glen about a year ago and his AIG policy paid in full.

Larry
Your friend is very fortunate. Most auto policies exclude any 'events' on the track. I'd be curious to know whether AIG would honor that policy given today's eceonmic conditions and thier current financial position. Regardless, WSIB, Lockton Affinity and others specifically insure off road and on-track claims. Something to consider when deciding on your track insurance coverage.

- Darren - 05-28-2009

larrybard wrote:
Quote:Beats me why no one has mentioned AIG.

I have it. It covers DE events. Not only did I review the policy language, and make sure both my broker and AIG representative understood DE -- I provided them with relevant DE information from RTR and PCA -- but a good friend totalled his GT3 at The Glen about a year ago and his AIG policy paid in full.

Larry
Great, now I know where my tax dollars are going.

- emayer - 05-29-2009

Thanks for the feedback Brian and glad to hear that a misfortunate situation turned out alright.  I may be overly conservative here, but I don't think I'd take a chance with a primary insurer like AIG in today's climate.

While every situation is different- the deductible levels, per DE cost, and coverage limits are such that for me HPDE is the cheaper alternative with a break even point of about 6 events.  Maybe I just need to sign up for more track time....  :dude:

- George3 - 05-29-2009

emayer wrote:
Quote:..... Maybe I just need to sign up for more track time.... :dude:

Now you're talking, Eric !! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

- rbasales - 05-29-2009

I agree entirely on the AIG issue as well as the track time. When you compare the single event coverage from Lockton Affinity to the multi event policy from WSIB make sure you consider the difference in deductibles($1000 vs. $2500).
 The more events you drive the more WISB makes sense. I am going to call them today to see if you can increase your event coverage during the life of the policy.