Riesentöter Forums
Taste Of The Track - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Taste Of The Track (/showthread.php?tid=2307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Jack Ruse - 06-02-2010

Hey Eric did you trade the Turbo for a 2010 GT3?. Is that going to be track car or a faster way to the office?
Jack

- emayer - 06-03-2010

Hi Jack!

I went to visit my brother a few weeks ago in northern NJ, when we decided after some fine diner food to stop in on our local Porsche dealer we've been frequenting since growing up there.  One thing lead to another and I wound up driving home with the GT3.  Moral of the story is that I'm not allowed in Porsche dealerships anymore without a chaperone....

The only person more peeved than my wife was my young daughter who was upset because the car has no back seat.  Daddy made it up to her by allowing her to ride in front so things are OK again in the household!

Truth be told, I needed to make the transition to a track dedicated car.  The GT3 makes the turbo and R8 seem ponderous and soft in comparison.  Quite an accomplishment.  Now I really better learn how to drive!  Big Grin

I'll be running the R8 for now, while I break in the other car and do some track mods.  I hope to get it out there later this season.  Looking forward to seeing everyone at Lightning!

- TwentySix - 06-03-2010

emayer wrote:
Quote: One thing lead to another and I wound up driving home with the GT3.
Dude how cool is that!!! [Image: rockon.gif] What a great choice, good luck with it!

- emayer - 06-03-2010

Thx Beth!

You'll love this one.  Just got a call from my dealer.  My RS allocation just came through for an August build.  Karma is a bitch!  Anyone in the market for a nearly new GT3?  Big Grin

Are we going to see you guys at Lightning?

- betegh9 - 06-03-2010

emayer wrote:
Quote:Thx Beth!

You'll love this one. Just got a call from my dealer. My RS allocation just came through for an August build. Karma is a bitch! Anyone in the market for a nearly new GT3? Big Grin

Are we going to see you guys at Lightning?
I'm jealous! I am still driving the pssss out of my 41 year old you see in my avatar. See you at Lightning.......... in my rear view mirror. Smile

- emayer - 06-04-2010

LOL!  Bring it on!

The Audi gets itself around the track anyway.  I'm just along for the ride...Big Grin

Your car is beautiful BTW, and in experienced hands.  You bring up a valid point though, which is to say that while I've reached a point where I can enjoy and begin to exploit the attributes of a GT3, I am not far enough along to take advantage of the differences between that and an RS.  That said, I suffer from the George Busch syndrome (Buschitis) which is the constant desire for cool and interesting cars! I'm beginning to think it's contagious here in the Lehigh Valley (noting Josh's recent postings also)...Cool

I'll decide in the next few days whether to take the plunge, in which case I'll post the GT3 specs in the For Sale section.  Are you sure you don't want to add to your stable?

See you at Lightning!

- TwentySix - 06-04-2010

Nick, it's all good!  Smile

One of the best things about this club is that we come together to celebrate these machines and find a common bond with each other through them... no matter what year or model, I find something to admire about  all of them  Cool 

Eric, whatever you choose to do, just get some roll over protection in it  Wink  of course the RS seems like the ultimate new car for the track, but you really can't go wrong with either choice!  Probably come down and visit at Lightning, see you there!

- emayer - 06-04-2010

Well said Beth, and I share exactly the same sentiment.

Either way, the car is going to be a track beast with all the safety goodies.  Time to officially jump in with both feet!

See you all soon....

- JoeP - 06-04-2010

Hey, Eric!  Why don't you skip the intermediate steps and buy a car worthy of you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200475742610

- emayer - 06-04-2010

No Sat/Nav, cup-holders, ABS?  Jeez, I can't live like this....

That is some car for which I'm definitely not worthy!  Hmmm, maybe next season....