Riesentöter Forums
Ok, so what were the Winter upgrades? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Ok, so what were the Winter upgrades? (/showthread.php?tid=2645)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- JimWirt - 03-04-2011

Same boat here Glen!!!!!

- bobt993 - 03-04-2011

Send ,me a PM.  I can get you setup and tested. Smile

- bobt993 - 03-04-2011

ninjabones wrote:
Quote:As per routine, I just may have gotten in over my head again...

May take a few months to put everything back together.

[Image: ninjabones-albums-misc-picture9733-garage-1.jpg]

Me Guilty of putting the gun to your head.
Wink

- LouZ - 03-04-2011

Dropped the engine on the 964 last week!

Today, I started to disassemble the exhaust, engine tin, removed the cam covers and degreased most stuff. Tomorrow, I hope to adjust the valves, replace a couple of O-rings and gaskets, and install new plugs, coils, wires, rotors and caps.

The final step, with the gracious help of our Track Chair, will be to set the cams. Then, it's button everything up and shove it back up the rear of the Porsche.

- STEVEMCMORN - 03-04-2011

new front right fender and passenger door
nascar style side bars on passenger side
re-valve shocks back to OEM spec - Stewart Development, NC
new wire door latch openers
long wheel studs
slightly new graphics - white stripe to break up the orange stripes
added center net - for NASA racing
added passenger seat ... as still need a shed load more instruction

- betegh9 - 03-04-2011

LouZ wrote:
Quote:Dropped the engine on the 964 last week!

Today, I started to disassemble the exhaust, engine tin, removed the cam covers and degreased most stuff. Tomorrow, I hope to adjust the valves, replace a couple of O-rings and gaskets, and install new plugs, coils, wires, rotors and caps.

The final step, with the gracious help of our Track Chair, will be to set the cams. Then, it's button everything up and shove it back up the rear of the Porsche.
Lou!..... I thought that 964's have hydraulic valves, they usually don't need adjustment unlike my solid lifters.

- LouZ - 03-05-2011

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:Lou!..... I thought that 964's have hydraulic valves, they usually don't need adjustment unlike my solid lifters.
Nope...not till the 993!

- scwaters - 03-05-2011

Capristo Exhaust, Tarret rear toe control arms, Solid brake disk, unitended new front spoiler.

- bobt993 - 03-05-2011

LouZ wrote:
Quote:betegh9 wrote:
Quote:Lou!..... I thought that 964's have hydraulic valves, they usually don't need adjustment unlike my solid lifters.
Nope...not till the 993!

Yep, and you get rid of the hydraulic lifters when you build a race motor.

- betegh9 - 03-05-2011

scwaters wrote:
Quote:Capristo Exhaust, Tarret rear toe control arms, Solid brake disk, unitended new front spoiler.

Capristo? aren't those the most expensive exhaust systems they use on those Italian cars? You can do as you wish........ but it will never be a Ferrari. Big Grin