Riesentöter Forums
Heel/Toe Clinic during DE - Interested? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Heel/Toe Clinic during DE - Interested? (/showthread.php?tid=2758)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Jimbeau - 04-26-2011

So David, thanks to you I have a few hundred responses in my inbox. Wink

The good news is a lot of people took the time to send me an e-mail to express their interest.

Now we just have to figure out the how and the when.

Thanks,
Jim

- CarreraS - 04-26-2011

Jimbeau wrote:
Quote:So David, thanks to you I have a few hundred responses in my inbox. Wink

The good news is a lot of people took the time to send me an e-mail to express their interest.

Now we just have to figure out the how and the when.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim...I figured it was better for you than starting a Facebook page!!!

Glad to hear that many people were interested!

- Jimbeau - 05-01-2011

Ok, so after reviewing the e-mail feedback I received with Myles and the rest of the gang, we are planning to move forward with the Heel/Toe Clinic at Pocono on Saturday, May 14th.

Our plan is for the clinic to run concurrently with the DE (between your DE sessions) and as expected there will be an additional rental fee to the club in order for us to have the use of the front straight.  Cost for the clinic will likely be in the vicinity of $25 for those already attending the DE and ~$75 for anyone coming just for the clinic simply to help defray the additional cost of renting the front straight for purposes of the clinic. 

The clinic is proposed to consist of a morning and afternoon classroom session, with in-car instruction on foot placement, timing and technique as well as lots of opportunity to practice, practice, practice on the front straight at Pocono!

Steve Hoagland has volunteered as the dedicated lead for the instruction and coaching component of the clinic and his years of experience behind the wheel make him an excellent choice to head up our efforts here.  He'll be supported by several of our other fantastic instructors who have volunteered their time to support this effort.

More details on registration for the clinic will be coming shortly from our registrars, and for anyone planning to attend the DE, the Blue & Green groups are almost full so you might want to get registered quickly!!

Stay tuned!

- MikeKling - 05-02-2011

Yeah Big Grin

- Jimbeau - 05-03-2011

OK, so it gets better still.   If you're registered for the DE there will be no added cost.

$50 for anyone not participating in the DE and the event is now posted for registration on MotorsportReg.com.  The link will be open through 8pm Monday, 5/9 and anyone who doesn't register before the link closes can pay at the track.

[size=2]http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/B8F9B1C1-D1D1-69E1-510CF86D9A8BE9AF[/size]

- MikeKling - 05-04-2011

Free always tastes better.  Woo Hoo Big Grin

- MikeKling - 05-16-2011

I would like to thank Jim and his team for running a very successful heel/toe clinic.  You have proven the old adage is wrong.  You actually can teach an old dog new tricks.  I understand this was an RTR first.  I would humbly suggest that the session be incorporated at the spring Pocono event annually.

Looking forward to trying my new skills at Lightning next month.  Lets hope we dont have to run with our headlights on. 

- Jimbeau - 05-16-2011

Thanks Mike, but I did the easy part which was coming up with the idea.

Steve Hoagland, Dave Nunamaker, Steve Schueren, and John Phillips volunteered their time to do the real work to pull the thing off and spent most of Saturday standing out on the front straight coaching, and by the looks of things from the right seat of your car later in the day I'd have to say "job well-done"!

If they hadn't stepped up to help this thing wouldn't have happened at all so they deserve all the kudos for their hard work.

Many thanks as well to all the guys who volunteered to help set up cones Saturday morning.  You guys were a huge help!!

I did discuss with Steve Meenan and he agrees it should become a regular part of our curriculum and spring Pocono makes the most sense from a timing and facility standpoint.

- jameshwright007 - 05-17-2011

Terrific job on the heel/toe clinic at Pocono this past Saturday. Thanks to all involved and a specific thank you to Steve Hoagland for demonstrating the technique in my GT3 while I was struggling mightily, the sequencing and coordination required began to take hold with his input. Part of my problem, as Steve pointed out, was that the pedal setup in my stock '10 GT3 required a wide sole shoe to bridge the rather large gap between the brake and throttle pedals. Can anyone suggest a source for a quality after market set of pedals that will remedy this wide pedal gap? Thanks

- Jimbeau - 05-17-2011

RennLine has really nice stuff.