Riesentöter Forums
Schattenbaum DE Registration Open - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Schattenbaum DE Registration Open (/showthread.php?tid=285)

Pages: 1 2

- pnolan - 03-09-2007

I'm going to mail in the registration for June at the Glen, Sept at Summit, and Oct at the Glen with Schattenbaum.

With VIR, and four RTR events that'll make 8 events for the season, probably about the most I'm going to be able to do and remain married and that's assuming I find some way soon to gracefully slip into a conversation with my wife that I had the suspension and exhaust done on my car this week.

Honey, the brake flush for Tech Inspection for VIR turned out a little more expensive than I initially thought .....

- Tony356993 - 03-10-2007

Quote:turned out a little more expensive than I initially thought .....
That's always the way!

Tell your wife she should try DE - it eliminates your manly w/e but it also eliminates the "I need" and turns it into "We need" Tongue

- pnolan - 03-10-2007

Unfortunately she has zero interest in driving on the track so that won't work.  Thought I had the opportunity to casually mention the upgrades yesterday but I was a weenie and didn't say anything.  The longer I wait the worse it will be, so will need to have an "oh, by the way" opening pretty soon.

- Mike Andrews - 03-10-2007

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:turned out a little more expensive than I initially thought .....
That's always the way!

Tell your wife she should try DE - it eliminates your manly w/e but it also eliminates the "I need" and turns it into "We need" Tongue

That's what Sharon did...Big Grin

- Mike Andrews - 03-10-2007

pnolan wrote:
Quote:Unfortunately she has zero interest in driving on the track so that won't work. Thought I had the opportunity to casually mention the upgrades yesterday but I was a weenie and didn't say anything. The longer I wait the worse it will be, so will need to have an "oh, by the way" opening pretty soon.
You hve to start this out from the very begining. Every time your wife asks what something costs, the pat answer is - oh, about a hundred dollars. Buy me a beer and I'll tell you the full story some time.

- LouZ - 03-10-2007

Mike Andrews wrote:
Quote: Every time your wife asks what something costs, the pat answer is - oh, about a hundred dollars. Buy me a beer and I'll tell you the full story some time.

So she says "Hi honey, so how was it at the bar with Mike?

"Oh, about a hundred dollars"

- pnolan - 03-10-2007

Spending money on the "Go Fast" car would be easier if I were single, but she is truly an outstanding wife and I don't have any desire to be single (remember this line if you meet her at a DE event).  Guess I'll have to fess up soon.

- catchacab - 03-10-2007

Many of us car guys have poor short term memory.  Personally, I have forgotten what I have had done to my cars and I can't remember how much it cost.  It also helps that the shop always calls you at work.  They do this because you are at work when they are open.

"The difference between a smart man and a wise man is that the wise man knows when not to speak." - I forgot who said this.

- michael lang - 03-11-2007

Another wiseman once told me "it's always easier to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission".

I think it was my dad that told me that once....and to think at one point I used to believe he was an idiot!